Blue Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm New at this Forum And I wanted To get Some Help On a Issue I'm having With My Computer Lately For The last Week Or So Everytime I Turn On My Computer and I Start Surfing I'm Only Able to Do That for like 5 or 6 Minutes and Then I get The Blue Stop Error Screen...
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try chaging video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:
***STOP:0x0000008E(0XC0000005,0XF559A217,0XB9907798,0X00000000

Tcpip sys- Address F559A219 base at F5550000,Datestamp 485b99 ad

Please I Really Need Your Help In This one Because I really Don't know what Else To Do Your Help Will Be Appreciated Thank You

0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware issues but sometimes by drivers. The driver cited is Tcpip.sys and this is an essential Windows driver and has to do with internet connections, networking, etc. It is too general, however to be of much help.

However, you can do two diagnostic steps to get you started.

First, find the make of your network/ethernet card and update the drivers.

Second, run Memtest on your RAM. This takes a looooonnnnngggg time but well worth it. Too many people get impatient but it needs to do its job.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Is it possible that the blue screen you are seeing is a virus and not actually Windows? That has happened to me before. Next time, hit alt+tab or WinKey+D. If nothing happens then you have a real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back