Blue Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trintar VIII

Hi all, my friend is having problems with his computer. He recently installed a midi program on his computer and upon running it, the program froze up. Once he restarted he got the program running but as soon as he picked the sound card to use for the program, he got the BSOD. When trying to start up again, he is posed with the "boot normal", "last known good configuration", etc. options but none of them have worked. The blue screen comes up right as the Windows loading screen appears. I don't know much more about it at the moment, but it is very easy to get more information if needed. Also, I have the error when the blue screen comes up:

STOP
0x00000024 "0x001902FE, 0xF78BE6D4, 0xF78BE3D0, 0xF7B9FD4F"
NTFS.FYS address F7B9FD4F base @ F7B52000

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

We need the minidump files to help.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

It is these files we need, not the Minidump Folder. Attach the files to your next posting and someone should be able to read them.

By the way, here is a link to your 0x024 error that you listed. It could very well be a corrupted file or two with the midi software and thus run chkdsk to see.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q228888

He can't get Windows to load at all, so there's no way to get the minidumps as of now. How would we go about running chkdsk without getting into Windows?

You'll need to get to a command prompt some how i assume, probably best way is through the recovery program. their may be an option (depending on the system) to go into a diagnostics mode, and from there you might have an option to enter command prompt and run chkdsk.
but tbh, if your blue screening most of the time its a case of recovery in my experience.

not sure about win 98, only ever worked with XP or vista. have a search on google or maybe one of the other people can help out.

Yeah the computer is running XP. I just know that you can use a W98 floppy to go directly into the command prompt rather than through Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back