Not open for further replies.

js111582

Ok,

A few days back I received these evil messages:

Page Fault In Non-Paged Area
error code 0x00000050 0xec6b730d 0x00000000 0x8a56f08c 0x00000002

Begin Physical Memory Dump
Physical Memory Dump Complete

As suggested on the boards, I ran the complete 8 tests from Memtest on each memory stick, individually - all received a clean bill of health. I also ran the complete 8 tests on the 4 chips together. Once again, they all passed.

Based on the Error Codes, the problem is either a Driver conflict, or RAM. I can rule out RAM as the culprit, however I can't load the OS, even in Safe Mode. I'm stuck at the Blue Screen.

Please share any tips on how I can fix this problem, before resorting to a reformat, and losing valuable data.

Thank you,
John

" I ran the complete 8 tests from Memtest on each memory stick, individually - all received a clean bill of health. I also ran the complete 8 tests on the 4 chips together. Once again, they all passed."

The RAM is fine.

TMagic,

I'll certainly check the hard drive for corrupted data. Care to point me in the direction of how to do so? Or fill me in, right here in his post?

Thank you,
John

Cold boot to the Windows disk which was originally used to install this hard drive. Then run R for repair, or the full system recovery... either one will take a lot of time to complete... both will fix most problems, and give you clues to what ever else may be wrong.

See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

> It first explains how to run chkdsk. This will check for and attempt to fix filesystem data corruption as tmagic650 suggests
> You can attempt another reboot and running chkdsk
> Also follow the instructions to boot from Knoppix and copy your data before attempting any a repair install or a full reinstall to the hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back