Blue Screen. Something about memory dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr500

Problem...Other day I got the blue screen of death, so i skimmed over it and it was saying something about "memory dump...and that windows found a problem and shut itself down in order to save it". humm So i killed the thing, rebooted and it wont do NOTHING!! I mean NOTHING. seems to read from both CD's, and hard drive light comes on, but it stays ON . The screen is now black and I cant seem to get it to boot into anything that will help me. If anyone knows about this, please help.. I am new the the XP world, and this pc is realllyyy important on my network. TIA

can you boot into safe mode? are you attempting something foolish like overclocking? what were you doing when it crashed? did you change any settings or hardware?

Hey. NO I cant get into safe mode at all. The thing was working fine one day. I got called up to come look at it and I had the blue screen of death. Nothing was changed or modified. Funny thing I was working on it yesterday and BAM the power supply went out. Replaced all that, so I am back at square one. I hit the power button, the cd light blinks, the hard drive light comes on, but NOTHING but black screen. It will not go to the floppy or id do something there but i cant seem to get into bios/setup at all. THe only thing I have not tried yet is to boot from a XP disk. Only thing is this was a Win Me Upgraded to XP. So In closing I still have nothing but blk screen. Its not even sending a signal to the the monitor for the monitor to give me a green light. Stays Amber...thanks again....frustrated

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

BAM the power supply went out

I take it the psu went with a bang?

I`m sorry to say this, but it sounds as though, when the psu failed, it`s taken out the mobo as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Actually, the problem was here before the PS went out. Worked on it few days ago,all was well I had power. Came in yesterday and powered it up and nothing. Installed another PS and it comes on, but still the same problem. I added another HDD, and the monitor gave me a green light for about 2 secs then went amber. Shut it off, and restart, now i get the amber light always. Its like the MOBO is not responding. I swapped simm chips and still nothing. Will this thing come up if it has bad mem? I have had Win 9x to come up and tell me I had bad mem. Atleast they would tell me, this thing not telling me nothing. Hard drive is spinning, but thats about where it halts. I can not get into this thing for nothing. Is it time for the trash lol.

I don`t know about it being time for the trash, but it`s almost certainly time for a new mobo.

I suppose it`s whether you think it`s worth it.

Regards Howard :)

Yeah But with the price of PC's I can almost get a new one. OR bare bones if this drive is still good. Installed it into another machine and got the NTLDR missing. The old bios boot.ini crapp that I dont want to fool with.

yep, sir.. it's time for you to show that system the bottom of a trashcan.. salvage what you can

OK. Only thing is how does this error message about memory dump etc.. Kill off a motherboard as well as a PS? At wits end over this crapp

mayb is ur display problem o not, or other hardware like ram n etc.
as the hard disk is spin, the power light is on,
check ur hardware, it cant b nothing when u boot ur pc,
didi u hear the beap sound when the pc is on?

try removing all usb hardware and booting up blue screen usually just means hardware failure, also it is possible you're mobo got damaged. if you're power supply was ready to go it could of possibly took out the mobo before it went

lol didnt realise lol i just seen bottom posting saying yesterday and assumed it was recent.
thanks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back