Blue Screen STOP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time my Windows starts I receive a blue screen stop error with the following technical details:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE136B000, 0x00000000, 0x80535F5C, 0x00000001)
After finishing dumping memory, system restarts. I have Windows XP Pro SP2 installed with IE7. I also attached 3 zip files containing dmp files in "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" for reference. Is there any way to figure out which hardware or software causes this problem from the STOP error codes or dmp files in order to fix this annoying problem? Please let me know the solution.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Dump 1.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
The five most recent are caused by FGUARD32.SYS, which belongs to Folder Guard. Uninstall it.

BugCheck 50, {e1539000, 0, 80535f5c, 1}
Probably caused by : FGUARD32.SYS ( FGUARD32+b0a7 )

kd> lmvm FGUARD32
start end module name
efc62000 efc75000 FGUARD32 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: FGUARD32.SYS
Image path: \??\C:\PROGRA~1\WINABI~1\FOLDER~1\FGUARD32.SYS
Image name: FGUARD32.SYS
Timestamp: Wed Jul 11 08:50:47 2001 (3B4BA2E7)

Hello ,

Whether u r m/c boots up in safe mode?

Whether recently u did any s/f or hw modifications?

if m/c works fine in safe mode then run system restore and restore to previous date..if any modifications u did in hardware or software uninstall the same and try it out..

Note : it may be because of virus /spyware also..
refer ms article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894278/en-us

No more errors!

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. Actually I realized myself that the problem is due to the driver corruption of my Laptop’s wireless adaptor which also prevented communication with Windows WMI service. I kept receiving WMI error in safe mode, and sometimes when I was able to work in Windows, clicking on Device Manager button in System Properties would gave me the same STOP error. The surprising thing was that Device Manager was working fine in safe mode and all devices were shown to work properly! Anyways, after fixing the wireless driver the issue was resolved. Peterdiva, I have a question about Folder Guard. I had a problem with it long time ago and it was solved, and everything seems to work fine now. So, do you still recommend that I should uninstall this software? Is it known for this software to cause these types of problems? Is it for sure that FGUARD32.SYS caused the problem since in the report is said "probably caused by". Please let me know. Thank you.

If you think you've found the cause of the problem, then there's no need to uninstall Folder Guard. It's also the first time that I've seen it. "Probably caused by" means just that, it can be the victim as well as the culprit, but if it crashes at the same file often enough, then that's the place to start looking.

The advice to uninstall it was given due to the fact that the file's from 2001, so you might want to see if you can update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back