Blue screen-uncorrectable hardware error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdl26

My pc is only 2 weeks old and its acting up. I have no issues what so ever with everything else except when I try to play my game mvp 2005 by easports. After a few innings in the baseball game it crashes to blue screen this "uncorrectable hardware error" code is 0x00000124(0x0000000,0x84B36BD0 0xB2000010,0x00010C0F. Heres my specs.

Vista home 32
memory 512MB
nvidia geForce 6100
amd athlon 3500+
Realteck High Definition Audio (sounds card)

Any idea what is causing this issue?

This error may occur through bad drivers of your sound and video card. Try to install latest Vista-supported graphics and sound drivers. It may help. Please post back for result.

According to driveragent.com all of my drivers are up to date. I was able to play a full 9 inning game earlier today, but then just a minute ago after 1 inning it show the same exact screen, did the dump and then rebot my computer. Any idea what's going on?

I am still having this issue. It's weird one in a while I can get through whole game but most times I get BSOD, again, no issue at when not playing game. Here are my minidumps. thanks.

Attachments

• Mini032707-01.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mini032907-01.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
What motherboard do you have? I read your Minidumps (as best as i can) and both point to ntkrpamp.exe with error code 0x124. it appears to point to a hardware error. Those who are more knowledgible than I can tell you more.
It was difficult finding info.

The following is a link you may want to read, but the last two posts are the most important. Keep in mind it could be anything.

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=141475&sid=bb066982d4ea45c24ab001f1ef90ec71

Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 12/29/2006-MCP61M-AM-6A61KE11C-00
Motherboard Name Unknown

On the bsod it suggests turn off caching and shawdowing on the bios memory, should I give this a try? Will it make any difference?

Here is another one I just got today when trying to play a game. I have a Acer Aspire, less than 30 days old.

Same error as my previous answer. Did you chack out the link I provided and scroll down to the last two answers?

jdl26 said:
I did read it, so your saying I should contact Acer and do a warranty exchange?

I think you definitely need to utilize your warrenty to the fullest and show them your Minidumps. Acer makes good laptops, but no company is perfect.

I am not sure if it will make a difference but I am gonna give it a try on my next day off. I wrote Acer and the online support rep suggested the same, use recovery disks and install hardware one at a time. Here is a dumb question, what is the most efficent and effective way to copy my c drive? I don't want to have to install all of my programs again but if I have to I will. What do you guys recommend? Thanks a million!

I would burn the files that you want to keep to a CD or DVD and install after formatting. But to do your reformatting correctly you need to do everything fresh, i.e., installing hardware and drivers and software and drivers anew.

Let us know if it works?

I was gonna go back to factory setting/reformat, but I don't think I was given a recovery disk with my system. Any suggestion?

jdl26 said:
I was gonna go back to factory setting/reformat, but I don't think I was given a recovery disk with my system. Any suggestion?

Yes, contact Acer, especially if it is still under warrenty. Tell them you don't have a recovery disk.

Okay, I was able to do recovery and tried game and had the same issue. Didn't update any of the drivers though. If someone wouldn't mind could you post a link to the most up to date driver for nvidia 6100 nforce 405 for vista 32bit, it's intergrated into motherboard. I searched for drivers but hard to find the most recent on even on nvidia's site. Also do I need just display drivers or IDE drivers as well? Thanks again.

no, I was able to reformat with no trouble but I am still getting the blue screen. I was trying to find the most up to date video drivers for the nvidia geforce 6100 nforce 405.

I got a gig of ddr2 Kingston ram and still having same issue. Here's the minidumps, hope someone can recommend what I should do next! I am a very patient guy but I gotta figure this one out. What's going on here guys?

All three are pointing to a Fatal Hardware Error, with Stop Error Code 0x124. If you google this there are a number of people who are having this issue with Vista. As to what the fatal error is I couldn't tell you. Have you run a MemTest?

Yea, vista has a memory diagnositics program, and I ran that twice and no issue, also the extra 1G of ddr2 is brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back