Blue Screen, various crashed w/ minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxctypo

Here is the minidump attached. I've been having a bunch of crashes, and I called the manufacturer of the laptop, and he said that I should send it in and pay for shipping. Before I do that though, I'd like to get a third opinion from someone who's not a large company. DxDiag as well as some of the minidumps are attached. I can put up anything else thats needed. Please, I'm really depending on you out there; Any help guys?

I would take the advice of the manufacturer and their tech support over anybody on this list, if warranty is in question.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Al your minidumps crash at RtkHDAud.sys. This is your Realtek audio driver.

Try uninstalling your audio drivers and see if your system becomes stable. If it does, reinstall the audio drivers using the latest version and see what happens.

Regards Howard :wave::wave:

Hey! Thanks for the welcome :)

I tried uninstalling it, but when I restarted it still wouldnt work. I don't know what to do now

I go to device manager, and go to the driver tab on the realtek HD audio driver, and press uninstall. computer restarts, and then it is still installed, using the same driver as before.

Uninstall the driver, just as you have previously. Reboot your computer and enter your bios. Search for and disable your onboard ac97 sound chip and reboot your system.

See if your system then becomes stable.

Regards Howard :)

I rolled it back, and it still crashes. driver IRQL not equal to or less than or something like that, still the same .SYS file. I'll try to uninstall and go to bios now, ill post when i get a result, thanks for the help so far

It may not be a sound error at all, but that is the obvious choice.
Still most likely symptom is a driver error, but it can easily be a hardware error... or an infestation. "IRQL not equal" errors are difficult to track down. No diagnostic software I know is accurate about them... It is a slow process of testing each hard ware piece, replacing drivers, and scanning for infestations in both normal mode and SAFE MODE.

It didnt reboot endlesly, it just crashed with SPTD.sys after being up a couple of hours- i was trying to burn a DVD at the time, too. Any suggestions?

And this was with the sound drivers disabled, too

bsod

ive been having bsod problems too lots of irql not less or equal mostly while playing games minidumps attached plz help been having problem for 2 weeks

the thread, le hijacked! :p

and t says the problem is with ntoskrnl.exe

You could look that up on google, i have no idea what it means :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back