Blue screen while running games and other programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am trying to figure out what is goin on with my computer\. I am on a laptop running xp of which i recently switched to after taking off vista. My computer is running much faster now in general but has acquired a new blue screen problem that happens whenever I try to get into a video game or any other program with extensive video card use.

The event viewer shows: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc000001d, 0x806e6420, 0xb84df97c, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071709-03.dmp.

and my mini dump files will be attached any further help would b greatly appreciated.

Also my specs as follows,
AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile
Technology TL-56 1.81 GHz
2.92 GB of RAM, Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

Because this is a laptop I am going to assume your audio is onboard, correct? The reason I ask is due to your errors.

Four are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and are particularly strong indicators of corrupted memory. However, sometimes they can be caused by drivers.

More specifically two cited hardware without any more definitive information except that the RealTech driver RtkHDAud.sys could not be loaded.

The two other 0x8E errors specifically cited RtkHDAud.sys as the culprit.

The remaining error is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers or mismatched or faulty memory. This error also simply cited hardware as the issue but in parenthesies noted RtkHDAud.sys.

* Go to your laptop's website and update your latest audio drivers. You probably have corrupted audio drivers at this moment so if there is a way to uninstall them do this first.

* By the way, nice cpu. It is solid.

Similar issue just occured on similar comp.

I am running AMD 64x2, Nvidia Geforce 7600 gt,4gigs of RAM desktop. Computer is less then a year old.

Problem event name: Blue Screen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2

Files that help describe the problem:

c:/windows/minidump/mini071709-01.dmp
c:/users/owner/Appdata/local/temp/wer-84578-0.sysdata.xml
c:/users/owner/Appdata/local/temp/wer4c94.tmp.version.txt

When I reboot my computer the very first screen that loads has changed to a different look. It has "(" that symbol all over the screen. Then after trying to load windows I get a bluescreen and at the bottom it says, "Dumping physical memory" It counts quickly from 1% to 100% and then blank screen.

I got it to load once in safe mode and ran windows diagnostic tests, and health performance hardware tests. Found nothing wrong.

I tried memory test from the bios and nothing wrong.

I attempted to "repair" windows with the original recovery disk and after all is done, it restarts and again I get a crazy screen with "(" all over it. Then the blue screen comes again.

I then wiped the harddrive clean and tried again and still same issues.

I then deleted the partitions and reinstalled windows and same issues.

Anyone have any more suggestions?

I was currently running avg and an up to date version of windows vista home basic.

Thank you for your time.

Tarbender, you need to start your own thread because we are helping the original poster bzinthehood. Read the sticky "Before posting your minidumps" and in your own thread tell us the results.

Hello, I have just installed my new sound drivers and I am working on figuring out the rest.
Your analysis opens up some new questions tho.

*I just bought an extra gig for this and all I did was throw the new memory stick in when i bought it does the RAM need drivers?

*Also my computer is asking me for three drivers in which I have never heard of which are as follows:

It asks for the Co-Processor driver. For which it gives this description:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_43141462&REV_A3\3&267A616A&0&53

Also the Other PCI-Bridge Device driver. For which it says:
PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_43141462&REV_01\4&2B17F62E&0&2380

Also the SM Bus Driver. For which it says:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0264&SUBSYS_43141462&REV_A3\3&267A616A&0&51

Any additional help would be much appreciated. :grinthumb

First, RAM does not need drivers. What it does need is to have compatible RAM. So if you added any make sure it is compatible with what you have installed and that it is compatible for your system.

As for your other questions I strongly suggest going to the Mobile Boards here and ask away. Tell them what you stated in your last post about your laptp requesting these drivers. You should get some great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back