melhelp

When I defrag or run a virus scan, I get the blue screen with a code of
0x000000f4.

Asus K8V-X motherboard
Athlon64 3400+
Western Digital 120gig sata hard drive - setup using OS scsi drive software
Windows XP Pro OEM, service pak 2
2.5 gig of DDR1 ram

Ram is ok. Something is causing my Windows Xp to stop responding. I'm noticing that majority of the people with this problem are using Asus motherboards and Athlon processors. I don't know. PLease help!!!!!!

I have the exact same mobo, make sure your mobo drivers are up to date. The older ones can cause issues.

Also, 2.5 gig of ram. 2x 1gb and 1 x 512? If so, try removing the 512 and make sure the other 2 are in dimm slots 1 and 3 and that everything for ram management is set to auto in your bios.

Finally, have you ever updated your bios?

Rik, I tried changing the position of ram slot, but I still get the same problem.
The pc works but when I try defrag or virus scan the blue screen still shows up. I'm thinking about rebuilding my pc with an duo intel processor.

rik said:
You could also try a bios update.

I don't recommended. It's better updating BIOS ONLY if a specific hardware don't appear on it (HD, memories,...)

It's very dangerous. If you download and update your BIOS to a wrong version, maybe your motherboard (BIOS chip) could broken.

So deactivate the Automatically reboot. When your PC reboot, copy the error code and post here. Maybe a driver or SO inclusive could be had a corrupt file.

Regards ;)

I attached 2 dumpfiles, I don't know how to open these dump file. Please help!!!

Attachments

• Mini101707-06.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 5
I am halfway through trying to fix an MSI board with a similar problem. I have discovered that if I disable all on board peripherals (sound/NIC/VGA) and the cache, and run it with only a known good AGP card, it works. I am now turning bits on again one at a time. Jeepers it's a slow process and if it was mine I would throw the board away.
Lesson 2 - don't do a favour for a friend for nothing. Ever.

The saga of the MSI board led me to the cache on the CPU - replaced the CPU and all the errors disappeared. Just like that!
May not be the same issue, but if you can borrow a chip to fit the board, it might be worth the try.

Both dumps point to a hard drive problem. If it's only crashing whilst thrashing it could be caused by overheating.

An expert's reply to the same error. https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-38929-Need-Help----Minidumps-attached-.html

EXCEPTION_RECORD: a8c129d8 -- (.exr ffffffffa8c129d8)
ExceptionAddress: 75b8ffb9
ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 3
Parameter[0]: 00000008
Parameter[1]: 75b8ffb9
Parameter[2]: c0000185
Inpage operation failed at 75b8ffb9, due to I/O error c0000185

When I tried do a chkdsk /f /r, my computer gets to step 4 of 5 with 66% analyzed and freezes. I did changed the paging.

still searching for an answer

It's me again and occassionally I'm still getting the 0x000000f4 error. I attached a minidump can someone kindly interpret it. Your help would gladly be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back