Blue screening while playing any game, but mostly WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so on monday my computer started blue screening randomly. I don't think its heat related as according to speed fan all my CPU temps are below 100 degrees when it happens.

It happens at random at this point. Sometimes i can play for hours, then other times it happens every 2 minutes to the point of frustration.

There have been no hardware changes and I didn't install anything on monday, and i even tried a system restore to a day before that when the machine had no such problems to no avail. I have anti-virus installed and am up to date on its updates.

When my system reboots I get a message from Windows saying it recovered from a serious error. The error code information that it wants to send off to Microsoft, which is can't because it says there is an error in the file, is as follows:

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : B764FFEB BCP3 : B7615C50
BCP4 : B761594C OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 805B942D BCP3 : B6642C44
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

System specs are as follows:
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
3.60 GHz., 2.00 GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
OS is XP with SP3

Do the two following diagnostic steps:

A. Update your video card drivers.

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

B. Run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Given the relatively cheap prices of Mem atm, I went and bought 2 new sticks of ram and after swapping them in the problem has gone away. Thanks for the advice on the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back