Blue screening

stents

I got an alienware m17xr3 laptop
this the error I get after the blue screen im not over clocking or got good cooling and checked ram dont know what to do
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000088
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002CB4666
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\091813-34445-01.dmp
C:\Users\stents\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41574-0.sysdata.xml
now not sure if this is related to or because of my charger for the laptop wont charge the battery but will power it also occasionally it will start charging the laptop

Hapend again same code error and up top ment to say and got good cooling not or got good cooling =p

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click and send them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

All 28 minidumps are the same Ntoskrnl.exe with different BUG_CHECK_STRINGS. The hard drive may be corrupted meaning that Windows may have to be installed fresh after a format is done. Is there options to restore the laptop seen when you first start the laptop?

No nothing prompts me about it or nothing I did just re format and install windows a little bit before this started happening

my cd drive didint work so I tried installing windows via putting my hardrive in his tower and then putting in my laptop which failed miserably then ultimately bought an external cd drive and installed it in the laptop after re formating it again
not sure if that info helps

"...then ultimately bought an external CD drive and installed it in the laptop after re formatting it again"... So you are still getting these BSOD's?

That is what I did befor this started happening sorry for the confusion haven't tried that again would if u think it would help and btw tmagic650 ty for your patients with me I want to say that it was about 4 days after I did that I started bsoding

Rawr ive reset the bios a few times and turned off the auto overclocking that the laptop does not sure if that rules out
the bios or not I did just replace the ram to but had the store do it and check them and just tryed running comp with each stick indivudaly both seemed to be working

so would it be worth reinstalling everything again or that just not a fix for the problem

Well I guess when it starts it tells me that I could try to recover with a safe mode option it thats what u where talking about earlier but that usualy appears after every crash

No, the laptops built-in restore features are presented as the laptop starts to boot up. It requires you to press a key like esc, F1 or maybe F2 or F10 to access the factory restore features

Well f2 is for my boot setup and f11 is my bios. Tried other keys and nothing but a normal boot up. Ive noticed that its crashing on certain video games more then others. Wondering if it could be video card some how. But it will still do it idly

So I have reinstalled windows still blue bsod's less often tho but seems to do it more on games or video

Back