Blue Screens, and general misbehaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

Hi,

started getting crashes when using maya... then a couple of blue screens when rendering. Not even heavy scenes.

I've ran memtest fine. I've got a powerful power supply. I looked for the minidumps but the folder was empty (though each blue screen said it was dumping). I've ran norton, spyware blaster and ad aware to clean my system out.

I tried running diskdoctor to carry out a boot time defrag, but it closed quickly saying something like "unexpected exception 0x0000005".

In the event viewer, there are some errors at each start up:

One listed as having the source "ASC":

"Driver detected an internal error in its data structures."

Three listed as having the source "Service Control Manager":

"The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified"";

"The spydetector service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified"

"The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
asc".

Think the second one is some software I removed a while back.

The crashes only seem to occur when I'm using maya (though that's most of the time, other main use is watching movies - which is fine).

I'm running and amd 3200+, 1 gig of pc3200 memory, and an nvidia 6800 modified with rivatuner to behave like a quadro fx4000 (that's not the cause of the problem, I only done it today to see if it would help. Makes no difference.

I've attatched a hi-jack this log if that's any help.

Any advice much appreciated.

thanks,

gubar

Tell us more. Video ports or video graphics cards are the number one cause, followed by memory. Be sure your BIOS and drivers are all up to date.

Hi,

graphics card and motherboard drivers are up to date. Not sure what you mean about the port. Let me know and I'll find out.

thanks,

gubar

The beauty of the Event Viewer is the information in it: The Event ID#, the Source and the Description. Please redo the following:

In the event viewer, there are some errors at each start up:
One listed as having the source "ASC":
"Driver detected an internal error in its data structures."
Three listed as having the source "Service Control Manager":
"The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified"";

Follow this path:
Control Panel Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Ok,

found this:

Source: Application Hang

Description:

Event ID: 1002

Hanging application maya.exe, version 2006.12.16.2224, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

That's the only one appearing from the time of the incident, the others are from the time I restarted:

Source ASC:

ID: 4

Des: Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

Source: Service Control Manager

1:

ID: 7000

Des: The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

2:

ID: 7000

Des: The spydetector service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

3:

ID: 7026

Des: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
asc

Scan saved 07/12/06 ???
If that is correct, perhaps your CMOS battery has gone kaflooey.
Otherwise, correct your date and run again.

raybay said:
Scan saved 07/12/06 ???
If that is correct, perhaps your CMOS battery has gone kaflooey.
Otherwise, correct your date and run again.

My date and time are correct on my system clock, so don't know what to make of that.

cheers,

gubar

Tried another log and it does the same. Stange thing is, when I double click on my taskbar clock, the settings are correct, time, day and year.

When I hover over the time however, it comes up as displayed on the hijack this logfile. It swaps the year and day digit.

After a restart, diskkeeper says that it can't find missing file "sdearlydelete" and stops, and my system starts.

After googling this, it seems to be associated with a trojan, and the software Spyware Detector. However, I followed the instructions I found and couldn't see any of the folders, dlls or entries on hijack this that they mention.

Hope this helps somehow.

thanks,

gubar

Managed to get a mini-dump of my last crash, again when trying to render a scene in maya.

thanks,

gubar

Okay, let's start with this:
Event#1002, Source: Application hand, App. Maya, Module: hungapp.

Minimum System Requirements for Maya:
Windows® XP Professional or Windows ® 2000 Professional (service pack 2 or higher)
512 MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
Hardware-Accelerated OpenGL® graphics card
3-button mouse with mouse driver software
450 MB of hard disk space

I'm guessing you are probably using 3DsMax also. The prolonged use of these two graphics programs can cause overheating. That's a possible cause of the crashes. Also, check to see if you have updated DirectX to v9.

Next: Error #7000, Source: Service controller, DS1410D service failed to start:
This usually follows an install or uninstall, frequently of a driver. The entry remained in the Registry however. If you can find this entry based on whichever driver or program was uninstalled and delete it, that will solve this error.
The process DS1410D.SYS belongs to the software DS1410D or 1-Wire Drivers by Dallas Semiconductor MAXIM. It is located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

To continue:
Error #7000, Source Service controller, spydetector service failed to start:
IF you are using the program SpyDetector, it is a rogue spyware program> questionable license terms; flawed, high pressure scan detection & results. you need to uninstall it now.

For Event# 7026, Source: Service Controller, I cannot identify the device with the information 'asc'. Please follow my instruction for copying the Event.

I am also coming up blank on:Source ASC:ID: 4
Des: Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .
Even the multitude that visit Wiki can't ID ASC!

Hi,

thanks for getting back to me, I don't run 3dsmax, only maya. Also, tried again this morning and I'm still getting it, so don't think heat is the issue.

Like I said, when I googled sdearlydelete I didn't seem to have any of the hijack this log events or files associated with it (I've already deleted spyware detector)... but when I run reglook it finds an entry associated with it, I've included the result here. I'm not to sure how to remove things from my registry, if you could have a look that'd be great.

Thanks for getting back to me,

gubar

Since I removed the registry entry related to sdearlydelete, rendering works has worked more consistently but still crashed once.

Also, when diskeeper starts now, it still will not run; it barely starts, and says the file "autocheck.exe" is missing; but it isn't, it's in place in the system 32 folder.

Thanks,

gubar

Then you look elsewhere: Autochk.exe is started by the BootExecute data item. It contains one or more commands that Session Manager runs before it loads any services. The default value for this item is Autochk.exe, which is the Windows NT version of Chkdsk.exe.

You can try running the windows XP Error Check and see if this will fix this:
Right click on the Local Drive-usually C> Properties> Tools> Error Check> check both boxes on this screen> OK.

Close out the nag message and reboot. Let the checking complete.

3dsmax.exe - application error - (0x0000005)

Hello! everybody
when i try tu run 3dsmax 9, on my vista I still get the following error: 3dsmax.exe - application error - (0x0000005). The application failed to initialize properly. clic ok to terminate the application. Im also update directx9 but the same???
appreciate any help
thanks ( sorry for my english)

Welcome to the forums. :) The best thing for you to do is to start your own thread and attach your minidumps. You'll get help quicker if you start your own.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files we need, NOT the whole folder. Attach the minidumps inn your next post.

To attach look for the screen below your posting that has the Manage Attachment box.

event viewer

Faulting application 3dsmax.exe, version 9.0.0.100, time stamp 0x451d9061, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00043a93, process id 0xba4, application start time 0x01c86ff4fe942f98.

thanks

It would really help if you had more minidumps and they were attached in a separate thread.

But from what you gave 3dsmax.exe is the probable cause of your crash. This is from Autodesk software and I would suggest seeing if they have updatable drivers for Vista.

possibly 3dsmax9 don`t work with vista, I tried to install it on xp and works fine.
however i will try to update vista drivers.
thanks Route 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back