Blue Screens from minidump crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Recently i just installed a new eVGA Geforce 7600GT CO graphics card into my computer.

Computer Specs:
Athlon XP 3800x2
1 Gig Mushkin 3200 DDR ram
300 Gb Maxtor SATAII harddisk
Sonata 400W smart PSU
Gigabyte Tech Motherboard w/ onboard Nvidia 6100 GPU

Before installing this graphics card i never encountered these blue screens or random computer crashes. After installing it however, a few days later, i experience these crashes quite frequently and they are starting to get annoying. My computer is brand new, built it a few days ago. I only just learnt that these crashes were due to minidump crashes after reading some posts in this forum.

I've tried updating my graphics driver but at no success.

I'm attaching zip files with all the minidump logs from all my crashes. Minidump.zip has the most recent minidump logs. Minidump2 and minidump3 respectively contain older logs. If anyone can tell me why my computer is doing this to me i'll be really grateful!

Also if it helps, these crashes occur most frequently when i'm running graphics intense 3D games like half-life2, battlefield2, f.e.a.r and even warcraft III. But occasionally even listening to music or having my computer on idle mode, it'll crash and give me that blue screen.

Thanks in advance!

Ranza

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of 9C.

This means you have some kind of hardware failure.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system. Leave just the mobo/psu/cpu/1 stick of ram/hard drive/graphics card.

See how your system runs.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks

Thanks Howard,

I'll look into it tommorow. I have a strong feeling it could be a mobo problem, but i'll see how everything runs!

Thanks again

Ranza

If you suspect a mobo problem, you should check you mobo`s capacitors, for bulging or leaking. See HERE for further info.

If your mobo doesn`t have any of these symptoms, it doesn`t mean that your mobo is necessarily ok.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back