Blue screens on 5 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm having Blue Screens which seem to be triggered by an audio application called GigaStudio (latest version 3.12). I have this application installed on 5 PCs, which are pretty much dedicated to running it (so there's a very minimal set of drivers and other software installed on those machines), and all 5 are experiencing the same problem, which manifests itself in one of two ways:

1- when loading large files (containing hundreds of MBs of audio data), I'll get a BSOD in the middle of loading the files. The BSOD may appear near the beginning of the load process, or near the end , or in the middle. This is not consistent.

2- I may be able to load the large files and use GigaStudio successfully, but then I close the application and try to restart or shut down the computer, and at this point I get the BSOD.

The BSOD error messages vary, but one that comes back often is PAGE_FAULT_IN-NON-PAGED_AREA. Having done some research on this, I see that this error as well as some others that I've been getting is often caused by faulty or conflicting drivers, or by faulty hardware (bad RAM being often mentioned).

Here's what I've tried so far:

-I've tried reinstalling Windows XP SP2 from scratch on 3 of the PCs, installing the bare minimum in terms of drivers and software, but I still have BSODs as described above.

- I've checked the RAM on all 5 computers with MemTest86, letting it run for 10 passes on each machine, and it didn't return a single error on any of the PCs. I understand that MemTest86 may not be a perfect test of RAM, but how likely is it that all 5 of my computers would have faulty RAM modules?

- I've verified that all drivers and software are the most recent version (including the chipset drivers), but I still get the BSODs.

I don't know what else to try. At this point, I would think there's a serious bug in GigaStudio, but some users are apparently running it without problems. I guess this might point more to some kind of conflict that I can't track down.

The only thing that I haven't done is read the minidump files. I've tried but this is just way over my head. This is where I would need and appreciate your help. If anyone could have a quick look at my minidump files and see if it can shed some light on what's going on, I would be very grateful. I've included a few minidumps from the 3 computers where I reinstalled Windows XP this weekend.

Here's the link to download the minidumps:

http://idisk.mac.com/nadeama-Public/Minidumps.zip

And if anyone has any more ideas on things I could try, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Here are the specs of my computers. 2 of them are Dell PowerEdge 400SC, one is a Dell PowerEdge SC 420, and two are older computers with AMD 1.2 Ghz CPUs and ECS motherboards (with SIS chipsets). I'll give more detail on the 3 PCs where I've reinstalled Windows this weekend:

2 x Dell PowerEdge 400SC
Pentium IV 2.8 Ghz (HyperThreading turned off)
4 x 1.0 GBs of RAM, DDR PC 2100 and PC 2700 (depending on the computer)
Dell motherboard with Intel 875P chipset
PSU: Dell 250 Watts
3 PATA hard drives in each computer (7200 RPM)
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 PCI audio card in each computer
Promise IDE Controller PCI card in each computer (problems were present even before I got those cards)

1 Dell PowerEdge SC420
Pentium IV 2.8 Ghz (HyperThreading turned off)
4 x 1.0 GBs of RAM, DDR2 PC 4200
Dell motherboard with Intel E7221 chipset
PSU: Dell 350 Watts
2 SATA hard drives, and one PATA
M-Audio Delta 410 PCI audio card
Promise IDE Controller PCI card

Many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back