Blue screens, Stop 0x000008, ntfs.sys etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3d

Hello Guys I hope I didnt post in the wrong section, this is my first time posting here, If I did Im really sorry.

I have a problem with my computer and I hope I can find someone to help me because its getting really annoying, I was getting blue screens
different kinds, Stop 0x000008 or the ntfs.sys....

Please guys help me
I have 4 memory sticks I just open the case and restarted the computer each time with only one memory stick but all 4 are working so whats my problem ?

View attachment Mini042910-01.7z

Unfortunately without minidumps it will be very difficult to advise you about these issues.

I suggest you post minidump files from C:\Windows\minidump (if there are multiple files, please zip them with winzip/7zip in one file) with your next post for analysis. Regards

Unfortunately without minidumps it will be very difficult to advise you about these issues.

I suggest you post minidump files from C:\Windows\minidump (if there are multiple files, please zip them with winzip/7zip in one file) with your next post for analysis. Regards

I finally got the minidump I posted it in the thread.

That mini dump (with error code 0x8E) points at hardware issues. In this specific case the cause is memory corruption.

I would suggest you to run memtest, for a minimum 8 of passes (more are better), and see if it comes up with any issues withyour RAM. In case you get more BSODs please post fresh minidumps here for further analysis. Regards

According to MSKB137539 the General
CAUSES of STOP 0x0000007F error are due to either of the following conditions :
• Your computer has hardware or software problems (hardware failure is the most common cause).

-or-
• You try to over clock the speed of your computer's processor (for example, you set a 150 MhZ processor to run at 187 MhZ).

According to MSKB Q137539
STOP 0x0000007F Error means a trap occurred in kernel mode and the trap is either one the kernel is not allowed to have or is always fatal.

The most common causes of a STOP 0x7F are:
• Low-level hardware corruption, such as corrupt memory (RAM)
• Mismatched memory modules
• A malfunctioning motherboard
The most important parameter in the error is the FIRST one, in your case its value is 0x000000008.
That value may indicate 0x00000008 Double Fault
The two primary causes for this value are hardware and kernel stack overflows. Hardware problems are usually related to CPU, RAM, or bus. Kernel stack overflows are almost always caused by faulty kernel-mode drivers.
If you have not installed or uninstalled any Software in the recent past BEFORE this STOP ERROR occurred, you can rule out Software causes and concentrate on the more common hardware issues.

Running Memtest86 to rule in or out a damaged RAM Module is the first software test you can do.
Replace any RAM reported as bad. Also, make sure all the RAM in the computer is the same speed.

Try removing or swapping out controllers, cards, or other peripherals is next in order

Updated hardware drivers or BIOS updates, or both can be another troubleshoot you can try.

Finally consider that the Motherboard itself may be faulty needing replacement.

In this kind of situation providing details about the Computer including whether it is a Laptop or Desktop and its EXACT model name as displayed on its case and whether there has been any software or hardware change preceeding the problem and whether Malware as the cause has been ruled out by the use of proper AntiVirus/Antispyware programs with current definitions etc are all are very relevant and useful to those who offer help.

Thank you
I ran memtest, and message popped up this is what it says:
memory error detected! pair 31357216 does not store values correclty
memtest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in ram.
you need to fix this.
Thats what it says and when I click ok an other message comes up but with different number.

How can I fix this ? plz

As you have four RAM modules in your PC, my advice is to run memtest individually on each of them to figure out which module(s) is/are having issues following the same procedure as before. Once, you have done that you will know which modules are faulty and needs replacement. Regards

As you have four RAM modules in your PC, my advice is to run memtest individually on each of them to figure out which module(s) is/are having issues following the same procedure as before. Once, you have done that you will know which modules are faulty and needs replacement. Regards

I really appreciate your help, Im going to try that after I get all the dust out of the case.

Ok, good luck and please keep us updated here, in case you need further assistance. Regards

Ok, good luck and please keep us updated here, in case you need further assistance. Regards

Thank you so much, I did what you told me and one of ram sticks kept giving me bluescreen
with the stop:0x0000008, then I put back the other 3 ram sticks and ran memtest for the whole night when I was sleeping and in the morning It didnt detect any errors.

Thank you for your help.

You are welcome; if that faulty stick is still under warranty you can get it replaced. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Regards

You are welcome; if that faulty stick is still under warranty you can get it replaced. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Regards

I dont think it is because I had the computer for 5 years.
I wish that all people are as nice as you are, god bless you.

Thankyou for your kind words, in general, most of the people who are active on these forums; are very nice. Take care and happy computing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back