BlueScreen Error code 0x09F DRIVER STATE POWER FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoK.

Hi I am new here, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area.

I recently purchased an ASUS G1S and been getting bluescreen with the Error Code 0x09F DRIVER STATE POWER FAILURE. This has happened three times already. But every occurrence happens after I switch my laptop out of sleep mode.

1st time
After waking up my laptop I played a DVD in Window Media Center, but after the first 10-15 min, i received a bluescreen.

2nd time
I put my laptop on sleep mode while a DivX video on stage6 was playing, after waking the laptop up the video continued to play, but after 10-15 min the same bluescreen with a DRIVER POWER FAILURE error occurred.

3rd time
I thought it was the nVidia display driver, so I decided to go to laptopvideo2go.com and installed the latest WHQL driver for Vista 32 bit which is 167.43. But after putting the laptop to sleep with Divx video actively playing the same bluescreen appears after 10-15 min of waking the laptop.

In regard to the DivX videos I found out that if I initialize them (play them) after waking my laptop from sleep mode no bluescreen occurs but if I put the laptop to sleep with an active DivX video the system would crash after waking the laptop.

Now another strange things was during the first 10-15 min of video playing the audio was distorted and skipped in some part, like playing music from a scratched CD. In every situation about a few second before the bluescreen the audio would repeat itself, kind of like when a video freezes or lags, then the crash occurs.

I already done memtest86+ and there is nothing wrong with my ram.
Please can anyone help me. Any help would be greater appreciated.

Read this link carefully: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246243&sd=RMVP

Also, if you can attach your minidumps we may be able to zero in on the cause of your crashes.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

Below your reply screen is the Additional Options screen. Notice the Manage Attachment button.

Here are the minidump files. And thanks for the reply

Attachments

• Mini010408-01.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Mini010708-02.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Mini010708-03.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 8
This was an interesting one to research because I never came across this error before. Every one of your Minidumps list that your error is 0x9F Driver_Power_State_Failure.

This means that a driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

Your minidumps were also consistent in the driver faulted for your crashes: snp2uvc.sys which is a UVC USB2.0 PC camera streaming driver.

Since you have Vista I would research to see if this is a common problem and any workarounds they might have. Also, you might want to see if you can update the drivers for your particular camera software.

Thanks so much for your reply, I would of thought it was the sound driver or video drive, but now at least I know which driver is causing it. Thanks, and by the way did you use windebugger. Can I just disable snp2uvc.sys.

hold on, I installed a logitech webcam before, and afterward it kept crashing vista on start up with error code 7f and I uninstalled the driver and software for that logitech webcam could there still be traces of that software/driver from logitech.

I don't know if you can disable it but I doubt it is an essential file, dll, or driver for Vista. Nevertheless, don't take my word for it!

Yes, there can be traces of Logitech drivers. 7f errors are mostly caused by hardware issues, particularly memory BUT they can also be cause by driver conflicts where kernels are stopped from accessing/loading.

Yes, I used the windebugger.

Hey thanks for all the help, and I found out the driver is part of my 1.3 MP integrated web cam. But anyway thanks.

LeoK. said:
Hey thanks for all the help, and I found out the driver is part of my 1.3 MP integrated web cam. But anyway thanks.

This makes all the sense in the world and explains why you were getting your error code and why the minidumps were pointing to snp2uvc.sys, a UVC USB2.0 PC camera streaming driver and not Logitech.

Glad things are working out for you.

Hello, I am experiencing exactly the same problem and i was wondering what you did to work around this problem? Did you manage to uninstall the integrated web cam drivers or what was the cure?
I got Asus g1s as well. Errors are 0x9F Driver_Power_State_Failure.

I updated my camera driver from asus support, that fixed the power state bluescreen but other bluescreen started to appear, so I ended up reformatting my harddrive.

Blue screen - Error 0x9F_IMAGE_snp2uvc.sys, type 0

Oh no... Don't say that!

I guess you had then Error 0x9F_IMAGE_snp2uvc.sys, type 0

That's the blue screen I'm seeing on my Asus G1s these days. I didn't have "driver state power failure" maybe because my USB2.0 UVC 1.3M WebCam drivers were already up to date.

I hope I won't have to reformat my hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back