Bluescreen Error, Linksys Driver the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I have been getting stop errors from windows, a blue screen flashes and then it reboots. This happens at random points, online or off. I stopped the automatic reboot and this was the bluescreen:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information

***STOP:0x000000D1 (0x24105a19, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF6931CD9)

*** RT2500.sys - Address F6931CD9 base at F691B000, Datestamp 42675C99

In googling this, I have found that this is usually caused by a driver conflict, and rt2500.sys is my linksys model WMP54G version 4 wireless network card's latest device driver. There are no newer drivers, and it has worked fine up until this point. If anyone has any insight on this (perhaps I'm way off base), please let me know. Thanks!

I'm getting the same BSOD error message for rt2500.sys, which was the driver supplied with my Belkin 802.11g wireless card. Anyone out there got any ideas?

Many people have had issues with this wireless adapter driver. One such workaround would be to completely uninstall your router's software from your PC and then reinsatll the software.

A quicker way might be to update your drivers from Belkin's website.

Fixed

The version 4.1 contains another rt2500 however this time its 238 k instead of 8 k hope this helps, so recap you would download linksys wmp54g version 4.1 unzip and update driver pointing it to the drivers folder wmp54gv4.0

Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems, Inc.

Product: WMP54G ver.4.1

Classification: Driver Release History

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Released Date: 11 / 17 / 05

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last Driver version: 1.0.3.0 (Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP)
Last Setup Wizard version: 4.5
Last WLAN Monitor version: 4.5

- First Released.
- The Setup Wizard and Wireless Network Monitor version are v4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back