Bluescreen error (R300 Diplay driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, hope someone has some answers/solutions.

I have been playing a MultiPlayer game for some time with no problems. The
last few days though I have experienced the system shutdown while playing. As far as I know there have been no updates installed on my sytem and no changes made.

Here is what I get once I log back onto the system.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8516E510
BCP2: 8B972FDC
BCP3: C0000001
BCP4: 00000003
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini011904-03.dmp
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53867-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDAD3.tmp.version.txt

I have tried updating my Raedon X1550 for updates (no updates required)
I've tried System Restore to different restore points.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400@2.13GHZ
2045 MB
32-bit OS
Vista Home

If I am quick enough and Alt & Tab to the desktop I get an error message that the display Driver has failed and recovered (Display Driver R300)

I have done a basic cleaning but need to pick up some air and will do a cleaning including the ram sticks as well.

The above files are not on my system as I did a clean re-install after attempting to install Catalyst 7.12, which didn't help.

This is the only file I could open before, hope it helps....

Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 6000
Product (0x3): Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
Edition: HomePremium
BuildString: 6000.16551.x86fre.vista_gdr.070828-1515
Flavor: Multiprocessor Free
Architecture: X86
LCID: 1033

If there is more info needed, just let me know and I'll try to post quick. Please tell me where to find the info. I had been playing the same online game for quite some time and had no difficulties until now.

Thanks in advance and please post in easy to understand terms as most tech goes over my head :)

When you say you get the message "no updates required" who or what is telling you this? Have you tried the ATI/AMD website to see if there are driver updates for you video card?

Can you attach your minidumps?

Route44 said:
When you say you get the message "no updates required" who or what is telling you this? Have you tried the ATI/AMD website to see if there are driver updates for you video card?

Can you attach your minidumps?

Installed Catalyst 7.12 as an idea from the MS discussion group and it didn't help.

I have the case open with a fan blowing directly on the system and haven't had a problem yet so maybe running warm? I will try and use a air can toorrow and see if that helps with possible dust build-up?

I probaly jinxed myself saying I haven't had a problem yet lol...

Unfortunatly i can't attach my mini-dumps since i did a fresh re-install of Vista but if it does it again i will attach.

Did you rectify the problem? Heat certainly can cause issues shuch as shut-downs. Good idea on the canned air. Dust will certainly cause temperature increase. Also, make sure all your case fans are blowing and certainly make sure your video card's fan is blowing. Just how many fans do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back