bluescreens everywhere - a unsolvable problem?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

busentiger

Hi!

My system: 3000 amd64, asus a8nsli, ati x800xl and 1gb corsair ram, win xp
pata samsung hdd, sata maxtor diamondmax 10 250gb

So it began:AFTER ONE YEAR OF PERFECT STABILITY an old hdd in my system ran slower and slower, so that i removed it and installed winxp on my 1 year old samsung hdd. everything was ok, but then immediately, without any clear reason to me, blue screens appeared
page fault in non paged area, config initialization failed, irq not less or equal etc.

my first thought was, that my old hdd broke up and has maybe ruined my samsung hdd to. so i decided to buy a new hdd (maxtor diamondmax) to exclude an hdd error as a reason for the bsod.

so i formatted the brand new hdd (full formating) and tried to install winxp.
the first bluescreen appeared WHILE installing (?!?!?), but i couldnd read it. when windows was installed, i removed every hardware, so that only cpu, hdd, mainboard an ram were left. but still bsod apperaed. i removed one 512 ram-module, but still bsod. then i tested the other module - still bsod. i made ram tests for 4h (memtest), everything ok.

its strange: my system works, but is not stable and many programs are closed sporadically (e.g. zone alarm, explorer, i-explorer etc...)

when i try to install drivers, a lot of errors occur: ati catalyst cannot be installed correctly: 0x05 errors
when i try to burn something with nero: config initialization failed bsod.

i do not understand anything anymore.

i think the problem must be a hardware one, since the bsod appeared while installing windows to a totally formatted hdd, while no other software is active.

Are there any programms for testing my motherboard, cpu, or graphic card?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I am very very happy for any hint!
Please help me!! Thank you very much!

lovely greets

what kind of psu have you got hooked up there? set all your clock speeds to thier standard specs in the bios.

one little problem solved: the ati driver could not be installed, because i didnt have installed ms netframework 1.1...

Hi,

The culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
8. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
9. Run 3D Mark to stress test your video ram

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

Debug report of your minidumps
Mini120305-01.dmp BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!EngCopyBits+3a1 )

Mini120305-02.dmp BugCheck 10000050, {bb99743c, 0, bf878331, 2}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SetRectRgnIndirect+4 )

Mini120305-03.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bfb58701, f72fcaa4, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+f0701 )

hi!
i have tried almost everything. memtest is ok.
when i use only one memory module, the system crashes, when i use only the other one, the system crashes too. i cannot change slots of memory or gra-card, this is not possible on this mainboard, as far is written in the manual.

i have ran 3dmark 05 three times, 2 times everything ok (my usual 5000 3dmarks :))), one time 3dmark closed. i have experienced this with other 3d applications too. they just close and go to the desktop. sometime bluscreens appear, with ati3duag.dll as the potential culprit (according to minidump debugging)

COULD THIS BEHAVIOR MAYBE EXCLUDE A GRACARD ERROR?

depending on what i do, this debug info appear:

vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+2dcb1 )
win32k.sys ( win32k+77ee8 ) (when i surf on the internet)
win32k.sys ( win32k+78331 )
win32k.sys ( win32k+7de06 )
ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+f0701 ) (when i am playing)
ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+a3900 )
ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+a67a2 )
Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs+22482 )

what i was doing while the other two errors appeared, i cant remember.

i dont think that software is responsible for the problem, because bluescreens appear while installing winxp on A FULLY FORMATTED DISK.

hm.

i think i have to give my pc to someone that has the possibility to test cpu,psu,graca,and mainboard separatedly.

or remains there an other way to thest my system before i give my pc in other hands?

(this minidump is from a crash, when i was writing a text in the editor)

Maybe faulty VID

Hi,

Yours latest dump is crashed at AVGNTDW (Anti Virus Guide) and this software has just installed recently. You also install ATI display card on 3rd Dec as the first minidump at 3rd Dec dd not have ATI display card driver. What video card are you using?

Suggestion
1. De-install ZoneAlarm and install sygate
2. De-install Anti Virus Guide and install AVG
3. Upgrade ATI display card driver.

Run 3DMark 2005. If it still crashes, attach the latest dumps here.

BugCheck A, {1100c, 2, 0, 804fae81}
Probably caused by : AVGNTDW.SYS ( AVGNTDW+29da )

hi!

sygate installed
avg reinstalled
newest ati display driver installed

my videocard: powercolor radeon x800 xl pciexpress 256mb memory

3dmark was stable for one run. hope stability holds.

:mad: after some gaming - guess what... a crash i go banana. i try to fix this **** for 3 days now....

this minidump refers to atikvmag.dll

just a question: when i installed windows to a fully formatted, brandnew hdd a bluescreen appeared. this excludes software culprits, doesnt it??

while internet surfing

AVGNTDW.SYS again
and Vax347b.sys

the newest bsod in my collection was like this:

"bios not completely acpi compatible
deactivate acpi-mode in textmode of installation, if bios isnt acpi compatible)
press f7 if you are prompted to install memory-drivers. acpi will be deactivated without a message. the installation can be continued"

i have never changed my bios

Hi,

You've upgraded the problematic device driver and the problem is not related to software. It is a hardware problem.

The culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
8. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
9. Run 3DMark 2005 to test your video card
10. Upgrade BIOS

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

still no solution

Hi!

i just got back my pc from a professional hardware-check. they did not find a hardware-error.
i do not understand anything anymore. no hardware-problem, no software problem? that cant be true! the only thing that remains is to check my windows-edition... but my older win2k does not work either. i go crazy! :monkey:

Hi!

Im back, problem solved.
It was the cpu. After a second professional hardwarecheck at an other company they found that the cpu was the culprit. Finally!

Many many thanks to cpc2004 and zephead for your help!

Bye!

Failed memory

Hi Busentiger,

Failed memory hardware, such as memory modules, Level 2 (L2) SRAM cache of CPU , or video adapter RAM. When you confirm it is faulty module, it is difficult to diagnostic whether it is faulty CPU or RAM unless you replace the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back