Bluetooth makes PC freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently installed this; microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=081

and it's supposed to give me bluetooth available for other devices, which it does, but it had to be installed kind-of separately.

the thing is, i tried to install only the keyboard and mouse, without configuring the bluetooth for other devices. the keyboard and mouse worked perfectly (although the mouse has it's issues... it's very shaky and annoying). then, i installed the bluetooth for other devices, and i tried one time where it failed before it succeeded. Now the computer has bluetooth, but it freezes every now and then! and i see no reason why, it freezes totally randomly! because i've tried to start lots of heavy programs and it doesn't freeze then, i've tried to just let it be after startup and it doesn't freeze then, nothing. It usually freezes after some minutes, sometimes after some hours. it can be at any time. i think it might be when i don't use the keyboard and mouse for a while (when the bluetooth activates it's idle-mode, maybe?)

what should i do? any suggestions? should i try reinstall, uninstall?

my computer is a little bit old, Pentium 4. but it has had no problems before and i do not have too many USBs at the same time. if you want to know anything in detail, feel free to ask me. i'm writing this from my laptop, so i cannot answer exactly what my desktop PC is, but i can check on request.

thank you so much for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back