Bobbye, AT&T warning... hmmm?

steveow

All's still working great!

Re: my sbcglobal.net email account.
Every 3 or 4 days for the last month(?) I"ve been getting in my inbox a message from AT&T customer service re: the updating of their service. I've been marking as spam, but the next message will end up right back in my inbox again. I don't know if it's a scam or not, however, if it is real I only have until 12:01 Thrus morning before my account "may" be deleted.

The following is the email: I'm omitting the big AT&T logo etc.
Dear Users,

Due to the congestion in all (bellsouth,att,sbcglobal, swbell,pacbell,ameritech, prodigy,snet) users and removal of all unused Accounts,

Att would be shutting down all unused Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button,

* Username:...... ...
* Password:..........
* Date of Birth:......
* Country Or Territory:....
After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Warning!!!: Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two days of receiving this warning stands the risk of losing his or her account permanently.
Interesting is the addresses (bellsouth,att,sbcglobal, swbell,pacbell,ameritech, prodigy,snet) are in blue highlight but you cannot link. Neither does the bottom of the page that shows "No virus found". Checked by www.avg.com which will not link either. Shouldn't that be a direct link when cursed over?

Now my ex-wife has sbcglobal.net and she hasn't received this notice, but she has AT&T as her internet service and may already be on the updated list.

What do you think of it?
steve

You got that right! Just wonder how they keep ending up in my inbox and not spam UNLESS each email is coming from a different address because that's something I haven't looked at.

I read your link.. thanks

Back