Boeing tries to defy gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleel

Boeing tries to defy gravity
An anti-gravity device would revolutionise air travel
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2157975.stm
Researchers at the world's largest aircraft maker, Boeing, are using the work of a controversial Russian scientist to try to create a device that will defy gravity.

The company is examining an experiment by Yevgeny Podkletnov, who claims to have developed a device which can shield objects from the Earth's pull.

The project is being run by the top-secret Phantom Works in Seattle, the part of the company which handles Boeing's most sensitive programmes.

Originally posted by DogStar
Where the heck is ] Boeingfixer
Then again ...where is Phantasm ...?
Phant will be around, boeingfixer, as I suspected will never fulfill his promise of a "consolation" prize - and will only come back on occation to "prove" he hasn't "left after the contest".

boeingfixer, as I suspected will never fulfill his promise of a "consolation" prize - and will only come back on occation to "prove" he hasn't "left after the contest".

HEY!
Boeingfixer ...few ppl besides SNGX1275 who're a bit miffed...

Phantasm66 has been around and to my knowledge hasn't left. As for boeing, well I think we all feel the same on that situation.

Let's just say don't believe everything you here. I didn't win anything in the contest yet I'm still here because I think this is a great place.

All well and good but an aircaft would need a VERY large power supply cause the disk the size of plane circular would need to turn and some speed to maintain anti-g. And wouldnt the disk need to be moved ? Cause it just looks like the Disk is a powerful negative magnet sorta idea.

This seems very impossible to me. You can't just "shield" something against gravity. It goes against the laws of physics. Without a force pushing upward, it's pretty impossible.

Maybe this works on some quantum level. Personally, I hope it works. The fiction of "flying cars" and whatnot would quickly become reality... Very neato.

You know, it't hard being me.... :)

I am sorry gang, for being short on being here lately.

I have taken some time off work and have been doing things around my house. I haven't really been doing much computer stuff. I will try to make an effort to return to my posting glory.

And I do still have the other prize stuff, If you all don't hate me too much, I will send it out.

Unc, That's what I was thinking, I have to go to the post office and see how much it will be. I was thinking around $5 with an envalope too. I will let you guys know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back