Bookmarks with multiple machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristy_m

O.K I am sure there is a dumb way to do this that I am going to smack myself in the forehead for not thinking of but does anyone have a way to manage their bookmarks to hit on several machines? Lately I walk around our home network a lot only to find my bookmarks miss managed.

hmm; the bookmarks are managed per Broswer and per User ID.

Even if you were to save them to a commonly shared drive and then import them
everywhere, the additions/deletions would not be to the shared version, so
you don't get the single point of control that would be every so nice; :sigh:

Depending on the browser you use you could have them sync over the Internet. Google Chrome has this feature built-in (provided you have a Google account) & I believe most major browsers (Firefox, Safari, IE) support Xmarks.

Depending on the browser you use you could have them sync over the Internet. Google Chrome has this feature built-in (provided you have a Google account) & I believe most major browsers (Firefox, Safari, IE) support Xmarks.

Thanks for that bit of info as well, Didou! I'm gonna have to look into using that myself! (managing bookmarks across machines.. or even just one machine with a dual boot is pain!)

That is so cool. I used it with firefox and started a second (firefox) profile on the box hubby and I share one user profile on! Very cool!

I've been using Xmarks now for ages (previously foxmarks) and I find its provides the perfect, bookmarks solution I was forever longing for!

Now, no matter what computer I use in our house, I open firefox and my very latest bookmarks are there exactly as the last machine. I find it very useful if I'm hunting for stuff too, as I can use a computer, and then switch to a laptop and get comfy on the sofa and read information I've bookmarked.

It works outstandingly. I seriously, seriously recommend xmarks. It also works with googles browser, safari (win/OSX), and firefox (linux, unix, OSX, windows), and I think it also works with IE too.

Currently I use Safari on my Imac, and firefox on windows and linux laptops and computers, all without problems. I even have xmarks running on safari and firefox on my Imac without an issue. I also use it on firefox installations I have running virtually using Sun Virtualbox.

Its absolute genius and I really don't know how I managed before I stumbled on it ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back