Boom stick Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honourableprawn

Hey guys,

Something I think has been left lacking for a few years are the forms of death and destruction which can be inflicted on players in the game world. We all know about pistols, rifles, assault rifles, rocket launchers, et al, but nothing really as left me breathless when I've fired it.

I've played all the major Fps's and none have impressed me more with firepower than the original Turok: Dinosaur hunter, now there's a game that left me breathless when you fire the nuke fo the first time! And the Cerebral Bore from it's sequel, any of you guys n gals have a faourite death dealer?

The Prawn:grinthumb

Never had the pleasure of Blood 1 & 2, think I'll try and pick them up, but the Ground shaking white out that followed from the nuke in Turok, left me gob smacked for some time, and no game, bar it's sequel, seems to have tried to better the weapons they provide.
I'm trying to get hold of an N64 again for that game alone:p

Keep the favourite weapons coming!!!

Tha Prawn:grinthumb

The flammenwerfer from Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Especially on a GF4 Ti :D

p.s. -> flammenwerfer means flamethrower in german you bums...

The red or blue shell in mariokart 64. :) Although a well placed lightening in 2 player when you buddy is entering a crucial turn is also quite nice.
For computer game though(Starcraft) - I think its pretty sweet to sneak in a couple ghosts and release some nukes on an unsuspecting enemy. Has to be more than 1 because 1 just isnt' quite strong enough.

Can't remember the game title but it was a fps where you were a ninja/samurai type character who said things like "Man who stand on toilet, high on pot" when climbing through a toilet section of the game. If you used a sword you could slice the enemy into 3 and their body would slide apart... :dead: :grinthumb
I'll post back if I can find out what the game was called.

I also really liked the Duke Nukem shrink ray. Running about trying to stand on the miniture enemies was such a good laugh :D

Originally posted by Arris
I also really liked the Duke Nukem shrink ray. Running about trying to stand on the miniture enemies was such a good laugh :D

Agreed.

Two mods for UT are pretty spectacular. "Excessive" basically makes all weapons 10x faster which is very fun with UT:s novelty weaponry. And riding the Redeemer with "Strangelove" is also very cool.

The Cannon in Serious Sam was neat as well.

But basically I think spells are the way to go when it comes to imaginative ways to inflict misery on enemies. A large fight in Baldurs Gate II using "Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting" ("evaporates moisture from the bodies of every living creature within the area of effect") , "Dragon's Breath" ("causes a disembodied head of red dragon to appear and breathe fire with the strength of an adult red dragon"), "Time Stop" etc. is quite stunning.

If we are going into the area of spells then Aeon summoning in Final Fantasy X (and infact the rest of the series) has to be one of the most amazingly graphically beautiful ways to case pain and death on enemies ;)

Originally posted by Arris
Can't remember the game title but it was a fps where you were a ninja/samurai type character who said things like "Man who stand on toilet, high on pot" when climbing through a toilet section of the game. If you used a sword you could slice the enemy into 3 and their body would slide apart... :dead: :grinthumb
I'll post back if I can find out what the game was called.

I think I remember hearing about that game somewhere. Was the main character Chinese?

I can think of some spells from Diablo 2 that are worthy of recognition...

YESSSSS!!!!!!! Summoning Anima to do his overdrive on FFX - that's as good as it gets!

LNCPapa

Originally posted by LNCPapa
YESSSSS!!!!!!! Summoning Anima to do his overdrive on FFX - that's as good as it gets!

LNCPapa

Shhh.. I haven't won anima from Seymour yet! :( :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back