Boot CD insert disk and press enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I apologize ahead of time but im a bit rusty on my tech talk. I built my computer Several years ago with a friend and dont remember much. Yesterday I decided to redo my computer. I bought purely cosmetic things. New case, lights, fans, and a power supply (Same as the previous one that was being used). I took my old computer apart and assembled with the new parts. ALL THE HARDWARE stayed the same(motherboard, HD, CD, Burner, VGA,) the only difference in the new computer was the look and i did not transfer over my Floppy drive. I booted it up and it eventually goes to a screen that says boot failure or somthing and all I can do is "insert disk and press enter" if i just press enter it says "Boot CD..." and goes no where. Can anyone help me. I have windows XP pro, I have NO CD's for this pc. I think my friend had one last time and booted but cant remember. Ive had my updates off for a long time. Do not have SP2 but like i said she ran perfect untill now. I just dont under stand why it would do this if all the hardware is the same. Can it be the floppy is missing? i can plug it back in.

-ASUS XE deluxe MB

Windows has the ability to detect any differences in an install in one computer, verses another computer, if the hardware detects it. It doesn't usually do anything about memory change, power supply, or modem change.
You can fix this with a CD, by running the new install using Windows and Repair mode... but it is tricky with an OEM disk, Upgrade disk, or academic disc.
A new version of Windows is only $64 to $84.

Okay well nevermind about that then. It looks like im goin to end up having to buy windows because the version of pro i was using im pretty sure it wasnt a "microsoft" copy and i had all kinds of trisoft and style xps on it. Like i said it was awhile ago. I was just trying to see if i didnt have to buy another copy cuz it gets expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back