Boot CD ROM Type: Non-emulation booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

leroyd

Trying to do a Repair Install on XP Professional. No access to anything but Safe Mode. Tried to use my Full Installation Windows XP Pro Bootable disk and got the following Error Message: "Boot CD ROM Type: Non-emulation booting". Does anyone know how to make it boot? I'm trying to solve the problem of the error message: "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the licensing for this computer. Error Code: 0x80070002." If anyone can help me solve either problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is where things stand right now.
1) I can only load Windows Safe Mode and Windows Safe Mode with a Command Prompt.
2) If I try to boot into Windows Safe Mode with Networking or Windows Normal Mode, I get the 0x80070002 error message
3) If I try to boot from the Windows XP Professional Disk (A Copy) I get the 0x80070002 error message.
4) I use to get a task bar at the bottom of the Windows Safe Mode Screen if I chose No when asked if I want to proceed in Safe Mode or return to a previous state. Now I no longer get a task bar. I can get a Tool Bar with a Start Button if I reght click and choose Desk Top, at least that's how it's performing right now.
5) How would I find out if WinTools is installed on my computer?
6) Somehow, I've either got to do a "Repair Install" or undo this mess some other way.
7) Explanation of why my XP Disk is a copy: My laptop installation is part of a $4,000.00 Corporate License issued to a Television News company in Tijuana, B.C., Mexico that I work for. I only have a copy for minor tune ups, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back