TechSpot

Boot CD ROM Type: Non-emulation booting

By leroyd
Dec 11, 2007
  1. Trying to do a Repair Install on XP Professional. No access to anything but Safe Mode. Tried to use my Full Installation Windows XP Pro Bootable disk and got the following Error Message: "Boot CD ROM Type: Non-emulation booting". Does anyone know how to make it boot? I'm trying to solve the problem of the error message: "A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the licensing for this computer. Error Code: 0x80070002." If anyone can help me solve either problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is where things stand right now.
    1) I can only load Windows Safe Mode and Windows Safe Mode with a Command Prompt.
    2) If I try to boot into Windows Safe Mode with Networking or Windows Normal Mode, I get the 0x80070002 error message
    3) If I try to boot from the Windows XP Professional Disk (A Copy) I get the 0x80070002 error message.
    4) I use to get a task bar at the bottom of the Windows Safe Mode Screen if I chose No when asked if I want to proceed in Safe Mode or return to a previous state. Now I no longer get a task bar. I can get a Tool Bar with a Start Button if I reght click and choose Desk Top, at least that's how it's performing right now.
    5) How would I find out if WinTools is installed on my computer?
    6) Somehow, I've either got to do a "Repair Install" or undo this mess some other way.
    7) Explanation of why my XP Disk is a copy: My laptop installation is part of a $4,000.00 Corporate License issued to a Television News company in Tijuana, B.C., Mexico that I work for. I only have a copy for minor tune ups, etc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.