TechSpot

Boot disk failure?

By Fire Lynx
May 26, 2007
  1. Hello every one,

I have just completed building a new computer. I work as a computer tech with the Geek Squad. I have built a couple computers but I have never had the problem that I am having before. Let me start out with my hardware specs.
    MB: Asus M2N sli delux am2 socket
    P: AMD athalon 64x2 5600+ 2.8ghz
    GC: EVGA nvidia 7600+
    RAM: corsair pc2 5300 1g x2
    HD: seagate baracuda 7200 sata
    ROM: lite on black 20xdvd+-R
    and the viper-xg case
    Every thing went together nicely but when I put my windows vista disk in and booted the machine i get a msg saying that the hard drive isnt found and then I get the msg "Boot Disk Failure, insert system disk and press enter".
    I have swaped out a couple HD's and comed over the bios, and double checked my boot, tried my win xp pro disks and still nothing... I am begining to wonder if i have done somthing wrong... I have double checked my specs and am begining to wonder if i have overlooked somthing else... does any one have any sugestions?

2. Fire Lynx

Fire Lynx TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have also tried my partition commander 9 from v-com and tried to get that to load, I am begining to think that maybe my dvd rom isnt working corectly?

3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Have you set up your bios to configure Sata as IDE and use 'enhanced mode' (these terms from my Asus manual}.

4. Fire Lynx

omfg i feel silly... I just figured it out. lol this is gona make me sound stupid but here goes. My dvd rom wasnt set properly with the eide cable, I had it pluged in with the second cd rom cable plugin, also i didnt notice that it had ben fpin set as secondary, so after i took those off every thing came right up lol...

5. Fire Lynx

thank you for your reply I greatly apreciate it. it seems that just by typing up my problem i figured it out and now my new windows vista is loading right up.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.