Boot disk failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every one,

I have just completed building a new computer. I work as a computer tech with the Geek Squad. I have built a couple computers but I have never had the problem that I am having before. Let me start out with my hardware specs.
MB: Asus M2N sli delux am2 socket
P: AMD athalon 64x2 5600+ 2.8ghz
GC: EVGA nvidia 7600+
RAM: corsair pc2 5300 1g x2
HD: seagate baracuda 7200 sata
ROM: lite on black 20xdvd+-R
and the viper-xg case
Every thing went together nicely but when I put my windows vista disk in and booted the machine i get a msg saying that the hard drive isnt found and then I get the msg "Boot Disk Failure, insert system disk and press enter".
I have swaped out a couple HD's and comed over the bios, and double checked my boot, tried my win xp pro disks and still nothing... I am begining to wonder if i have done somthing wrong... I have double checked my specs and am begining to wonder if i have overlooked somthing else... does any one have any sugestions?

I have also tried my partition commander 9 from v-com and tried to get that to load, I am begining to think that maybe my dvd rom isnt working corectly?

Have you set up your bios to configure Sata as IDE and use 'enhanced mode' (these terms from my Asus manual}.

omfg i feel silly... I just figured it out. lol this is gona make me sound stupid but here goes. My dvd rom wasnt set properly with the eide cable, I had it pluged in with the second cd rom cable plugin, also i didnt notice that it had ben fpin set as secondary, so after i took those off every thing came right up lol...

CCT said:
Have you set up your bios to configure Sata as IDE and use 'enhanced mode' (these terms from my Asus manual}.

thank you for your reply I greatly apreciate it. it seems that just by typing up my problem i figured it out and now my new windows vista is loading right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back