boot failure system halted

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a blown power supply ( i opened it to find blown fuse and swollen capacitors), my system was dead set. i replaced power supply still black screen. i am reinstalling windows but keeps on resetting after loading installation files. what could be the problem?

Bad hard drive, bad memory, bad video graphics.
You need to test every component of your system.
Any power supply that has blown fuses and puffed capacitors has usually done a long of damage... There is just no way to know if a motherboard or other component blew the power supply, or if the power supply blew the motherboard. We always think the power supply went by itself, but often it is ruined by the failure of something else.

is the bios ok? please try to check if the hitsink of the processor is properly grip and attached to processor. And get the memory out of the memory slot and the cmos battery too. just wait for 2-3 minutes and put the memory and the cmos battery back-in. You will be promted for cmos error press F1 to continue...... just press delete to enter the bios and boot on your CD-rom and restart the installation.
hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back