Boot failure

Replaced my power supply and now I get disk boot error and I just gotthis new os and hard drive I downloaded it b4 I got the power supply when I put in the usb and the code for os it says and I get The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart you computer so that windows starts normally then insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. it was working fine till my psu went south, iv tried 2 different hard drives both same thing. Im pretty sure it has to do somthing withmy cmos mabe not quite sure. Iv looked in my bios and reset everything to default it didnt work at all, I also replaced the little battery it didnt help either really need help please and thank you!

Need full description of system: model, OS version, motherboard model & version.
Need sequential description of events, starting with when it was working properly.
Suggest short, declarative sentences.

Replaced my power supply and now I get disk boot error and I just gotthis new os and hard drive I downloaded it b4 I got the power supply when I put in the usb and the code for os it says and I get The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart you computer so that windows starts normally then insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. it was working fine till my psu went south, iv tried 2 different hard drives both same thing. Im pretty sure it has to do somthing withmy cmos mabe not quite sure. Iv looked in my bios and reset everything to default it didnt work at all, I also replaced the little battery it didnt help either really need help please and thank you!
Its a windows 10 os my mother board is a gigabyte the model is ga z68ma d2h b3.

Need full description of system: model, OS version, motherboard model & version.
Need sequential description of events, starting with when it was working properly.
Suggest short, declarative sentences.
It was working fine about 3 weeks ago then my comp started turning on and off then it stopped. I replaced the psu. Now it doesnt boot up

"Its a windows 10 os my mother board is a gigabyte the model is ga z68ma d2h b3."
My OS is Windows 10.
Motherboard is Gigabyte GA Z68MA D2H B3.

"It was working fine about 3 weeks ago then my comp started turning on and off then it stopped. I replaced the psu. Now it doesnt boot up"

So I guess you are saying that you suspected the PSU as being the source of the "on and off and then it stopped". You replaced the PSU and that did not help. The computer is no longer 'on and off, but is now 'stopped'.

I have read your message several times and I guess it means, "Now when I try to turn on my system, it does not start, but gives me an error message 'disk boot error'."

Do I have it correctly? Can you give any more precise detail? Does the system "beep" - if so describe... are there any other messages? Please provide them with detail about sounds or display activity.

DO NOT CLEAR CMOS AT THIS TIME

"Its a windows 10 os my mother board is a gigabyte the model is ga z68ma d2h b3."
My OS is Windows 10.
Motherboard is Gigabyte GA Z68MA D2H B3.

"It was working fine about 3 weeks ago then my comp started turning on and off then it stopped. I replaced the psu. Now it doesnt boot up"

So I guess you are saying that you suspected the PSU as being the source of the "on and off and then it stopped". You replaced the PSU and that did not help. The computer is no longer 'on and off, but is now 'stopped'.

I have read your message several times and I guess it means, "Now when I try to turn on my system, it does not start, but gives me an error message 'disk boot error'."

Do I have it correctly? Can you give any more precise detail? Does the system "beep" - if so describe... are there any other messages? Please provide them with detail about sounds or display activity.

DO NOT CLEAR CMOS AT THIS TIME
Yes it beeps one time when you turn it on goes to the menu to where I can hit del for bios menu then to a black screen syaing disk boot error insert disk

"Yes it beeps one time when you turn it on"
I think this means that your system successfully performed POST

"goes to the menu to where I can hit del for bios menu"
Please detail "menu" - what menu? title? choices?

"then to a black screen syaing disk boot error insert disk"
So, I gather that when you hit the 'del' key you are expecting to enter BIOS MENU and you are failing to do just that. Instead it requires a boot disk which it cannot find. Do I have that correctly?

Your motherboard has UEFI, which protects the system from being entered by 'bad guys' - which sadly now includes you. You cannot just put in a new hard drive though the problem may simply be a failing hard drive.. you need to start windows in order to get to bios because of UEFI and you can't because the HDD doesn't have boot capability - hopefully once in BIOS you can turn off whatever it is that keeps you out - whether "Safe Computing" or set it to "Legacy" or generate "Rescue Disk" . This all varies from one maker to another.

I think your best route is to contact Gigabyte and ask 'how do I replace a failed HDD'

Back