Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc is having trouble booting. It can take about 30 mins to get it to boot, but when it dose it runs fine.

When it wont boot i cant even get the bios screen up, I just have a black screen. I have tried reseating the memory , the chip,( amd athlon 1900+) all installed cards, different hard discs.

And to my surprise yesterday my m8 came around to see me and he is haveing the same problem, we are both running xp pro.

i am thinking that it is some sort of bios virus but Im not sure how to check.
I would be very grateful for any help.

I have checked my startup folder and I know what is in there, symtec and nvidia, epson printer spool, power dvd, but I think its got to be something with my bios as thats where it buggers up.

Check the status of the little battery on the mobo.
If you know the changes you made to the BIOS, you can take it out, check the voltage of that battery, replace if needed (advisable anyway if 3 yrs or older). At the same time reset the BIOS with the jumper or whatever you manual says.
Eventually a BIOS update might also help.

Cleared cmos, new battery, I already have latest bios, still no joy, its takeing me longer to get it to boot now , about an hour. :giddy:

Fill in your 'User Profile' so we can see what hardware you have.
We also need the exact make and model of your powersupply, with the output-figures that are normally on a sticker on the side of that PSU, such as wattage, 5v-amps, 12v-amps etc.

realblackstuff said:
Fill in your 'User Profile' so we can see what hardware you have.
We also need the exact make and model of your powersupply, with the output-figures that are normally on a sticker on the side of that PSU, such as wattage, 5v-amps, 12v-amps etc.

Profile updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back