Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new here so be gently:

Basicaly the problem is that when I press the on button the PC does nothing it just turn the on the PC on light . After 15 or more times I try to boot it, then it goes to POST, the cmos apears cleared, and most of the time it freezes before completing POST, and the few lucky times it does boot(or freezes on the OS boot screen) it doesnt last too long before it freezes.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Welcome to Techspot!
First , You will get more help and Quicker by filling in your Profile with the hardware and O/S on your machine.
Your problem can be so many things.
Was your machine working before? Did you update or add new software or Hardware.?
This info can really help.
If you have some experience inside your box, You could strip out most of your componets and start troublshooting , you must get to a straight POST.
Get back to us with more info.

P.S. your post might get moved because I think you have a hardware problem , Donot be concerned the forum's administrator might do this.

Liquidlen said:
Welcome to Techspot!
First , You will get more help and Quicker by filling in your Profile with the hardware and O/S on your machine.
Your problem can be so many things.
Was your machine working before? Did you update or add new software or Hardware.?
This info can really help.
If you have some experience inside your box, You could strip out most of your componets and start troublshooting , you must get to a straight POST.
Get back to us with more info.

P.S. your post might get moved because I think you have a hardware problem , Donot be concerned the forum's administrator might do this.
I filled the profile info now.
The machine is about a year old it was working fine until about a month ago. Most of the software was installed long ago, the only new software is the new video drivers. Ill try swaping memory sticks and the video card

Check your fans to make sure the system is cooling down, usually is one of the first problems, if it has been this way for a month you could have lost the AMD CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back