boot screen picture stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintendo

I need help with removing a boot screen picture that is stuck. I have tryed removeing it with BootXp but without succes. I uses BootXp to set the picture, I did not format or anything after I set the picture. Can anyone help me?

elaborate on the term "stuck"

If you mean you want to change it back to the old one, you should be able to simply "restore backup boot.ini" from within the BootXP interface. Its been a while since I've used that utility, but it from the looks of the website its pretty much the same as when I did use it.

Picture

I used BootXp to set a picture and now I cant get it away or change it or get the original boot screen back on. I have tryed everything in BootXp but nothing removes the picture. BootXp detects as there is the picture that I have been trying to change to not the one that comes up during the boot screen.

open your boot.ini file and copy/paste its contents here. You'll need to unhide files to see it, its in C:\

to unhide files, go to tools>folder options>view tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck hide protected operating system files

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
(Backup Line)
(Backup Line)
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="(Backup Line) Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="(Backup Line) Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back