Boot-Up Problem XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not entirley sure if this is the right area, but I hope someone can help.

I have a Dell yadayadayada, Running XP on it and DUAL-Screen of my graphics card.

I recently moved from the UK to New Zealand and had my computer brought over on a ship etc. So I unpacked it, hooked it all up and turned it on eagerly.

If you have a Dell you'll probably go past the Dell start up screen, Its got a big picture of earth or something with dell across it and www.dell.com underneath and it is all blue.

Well as I said most of you go past this point, and well I don't. I turn the PC on it loads this screen the stops..... stuck on this screen. I tried rebooting / Turning it off and on at the wall etc. but it didnt work...................
Ive tried just leaving it there and see it if it goes past it eventually, well Im still waiting and its been about 20 / 30 minutes.
( By the way Im using my brother laptop to post this if you were wondering how I posted without a working PC ).

If more information is needed to help just ask

Any help will be much appreciated.

You best to open the case and make sure all cards are sitting tight in their slot and that all cables and plugs are fully inserted. I hope your case wasn't tossed around or didn't get sea sick!

What are the power requirements over there? 110V? 220V?

Cheers

Thanks alot for the advice mate, the graphics card wasnt in properlly and neither was the RAM.

Its all working fine now :approve:

Good to hear.

If you can enable the SMART feature for your hard drive in the BIOS, do so.
If you have Ghost, I would take an image of the hard drive (back up) just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back