TechSpot

Boot up tips

By SuperCheetah
Apr 3, 2002
  1. Found this old article over at www.pcstats.com but I believe it still applies now. I'm going to try it on my computer and tell my results. Thought some of you guys might need this, I know I do. I hate waiting for my computer to boot.

2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 761

are these for XP as well?

3. lokem

lokem TS Rookie Posts: 672

Wow... I haven't seen those for a LONG time! The msdos.sys file is 0 bytes in my WinXP PC. I remember that is has to be at least 1024 bytes in older Windows releases. I suppose this tweak is for WinME and below.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

None of these applies to NT. I used these years ago with Win9x.

5. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 709

My bad, just saw the article and figured some of them might could be applied to XP as well. Guess not, oh well.

Here is some little ones that I found for 2000 and XP.
    Also, there are other tweaks for the msconfig and whatnot in the article. Maybe these can help a newbie or someone like myself who just hasn't taken the time to do this. :)

6. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

Got both the Win9x & 2k/XP stuff covered in our Startup guide also.

7. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 709

Ahhhhhhhhh...I give up!!! :)

8. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,006

Sorry Super, I feel for you man.....When you wanna do a LAN party ?? That would be too cool. We could have a huge 3DS LAN party and fly everyone in for a weekend of FPS'ing...Anyone else up for it ??

9. Ai Hate

Ai Hate TS Rookie Posts: 302

fly me across the globe!!!!

10. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,006

Can you wait til after July ? Thats when I get my new passes for family and friends...

11. erwin1978

erwin1978 TS Maniac Posts: 290

WinXP loads at around 45 seconds for me and I'm impressed. I wonder if I can make it to 1 second.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.