Booting Menu problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new PC. I set the system to boot from HDD but everytime it tries to boot, I just keep getting blank screen. After a couple of tries, I will go back to the boot menu and notice that its trying to boot from floppy. How do I correct this problem? I have not been able to just boot the computer withut going thru several tries.
I need help....desperately!!!!! :(

Read the Mobo manual, go into BIOS and change the boot-sequence to boot:
1) from floppy
2) from CD
3) from harddisk
If you don't want to use options 1 or 2, don't put any disks in them at bootup.
To boot from a HD, it must be partitioned and formatted first, then it must have some operating system installed on it!

Thank you RealBlackStuff. I have already installed windows xp pro on the PC thats why I don't quite understand why it continues to change the boot setup. I have to boot first from HDD, second from CD/DVD drive and thirdly from floppy. But once it starts to boot and I get the black screen, if I hit F11, I see that it changed the first boot to floppy so thats something that really bothers me now.
More advice will be appreciated.
I have Asrock 939Dual SATA2 mobo
AMD 64 ATHLON 3200+ processor
I will really appreciate your advices.
Thanks

Why do you hit F11?
Nobody in their right mind touches any key until the Windows Startup screen shows, unless you need F8 for Safe Mode!

Ok. I'm just confused thats why i hit F11 to reset the boot settings. This is my first build and I just want to get any help that I can to make the PC work.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back