Booting Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

note235

nWhen I try to bot my xp up it restarts again. I was trying to install xp sp2. It had an atapi.sys prob. Then When I try to boot tere is a flash or a blue screen and when i tried to make it so it does not restart it says winserv or winsvr or something like that error.

Can you boot into safe mode? If yes, disable reboot on crash feature so you can actually see what the problem is. You can also try uninstalling SP2 in safe mode.

sp2 problems

Same thing happened to me mate I ended up having to reformat and reinstall sp1. Never again! Regards Howard:grinthumb

In my opinion I think you should reformat and start again with a fresh install of sp1. once installed if you still want sp2 then download and install sp2 without doing any other updates. Regards Howard:grinthumb

If your computer wont even boot into safe mode then I don`t think there`s anything you can do except format and reinstall sp1. Perhaps you could take it back to where you bought it from and have them reintall sp1 for you. Failing that I think you have two choices either try another pc shop or purchase windows xp. I`m sorry that I can`t be of more help but I don`t see any other way around the problem. Good luck and Regards Howard:grinthumb

You have a recovery or an XP CD. Boot from it and reinstall Windows. You may have to enable booting from CD-ROM in your computers BIOS.

Is VGA.SYS system critical for safe mode, or would the computer simply boot without a monitor display? I should imagine the former. Repair or reinstall seems to me to be the only way to really go.

It may first be worth booting the recovery console and running the CHKDSK /r command though. (unless I've missed something in this thread).

you never know. It could just be disk corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back