Booting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundewzer

When I flashed the bios to update it and restarted Win. XP wouldn't boot or recognize the SATA hard drive. I no longer have the SATA drivers on a floppy disk and even worse I no longer have a floppy drive. I am not sure where Win. XP saves the drivers for SATA hard drives, but I think flashing the bios has deleted, moved, or did something to them. My only other thought was flashing the bios does something to the MBR :suspiciou (I am not sure if it does). If this is the case, could Lilo or any other MBR controller be used to fix the problem? Is there a way to add the SATA drivers to the MBR?

Please help I need catch up to my friend in WOW and I only have two days until he gets his new hard driver!

Flashing a BIOS does not affect a HDD in any way, they are 2 seperate things...
Are you sure it was the correct BIOS ? ? You might have hosed that MBoard.
Try booting the system with your MBoard driver CD...some of them are bootable.

patio. :cool:

Thanks for the reply. I am sure that it was the right BIOS I downloaded it from ASUS's website for my motherboard(ASUS A8V Delux), I reloaded the original setting, the BIOS sees the harddrive, and my CD that came with my motherboard isn't bootable.

Any other ideas? I am stumped :confused:

I would travel to the SATA HDD manuf. site and DLoad the drivers...Then follow teh instructions here for a repair install of XP.

patio. :cool:

I would but I don't have a floppy drive anymore. So I can't load the SATA drivers. I can through in my old hdd that I think has windows installed on it and possibly get the drivers for the SATA hdd but then I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back