TechSpot

Bootloader not working for 10 Insider Preview Final

By tymeracer7
Aug 16, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Had dual boot...c,d problems with 7 on c.and had to reinstall , after 10 wouldn't boot , says signature files missing?? burned anew install disc for 10 ,using media tool and tried to fix using tools on disc...no good.restore useless , then tried to keep settings and reinstall...that failed also......then tried EasyBcd to pinpoint drive for boot...that didn't work either! Hum ....ran out of ideas !!!.....P.S Question! If I do a clean install of 10 final ,will my Insider generic key still activate the OS , for use???

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

".P.S Question! If I do a clean install of 10 final ,will my Insider generic key still activate the OS , for use???" Yes, just use your insider log-in email and password when asked for during the install

tymeracer7 likes this.
  3. tymeracer7

tymeracer7 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the help!...nobody else seemed to have an answer ......I'm surprised that repair tools couldn't fix.....simple Boot issue...and restore is turned OFF by Default.. in 10 ....go figure.:(

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

I have dealt with this issue myself, so thanks for the update:)