Bootmgr missing on notebook with no CD drive and System Recovery fails

bootmngr missing and i have a notebook so i cant install windows and the system recovery does not work what else can i do?

What version of Windows is installed? Are you prepared for the possibility of replacing the hard drive?

"bootmngr missing" is a sign that the hard drive is bad. Can you press F11 when the laptop starts to boot and get into the recovery screen. If you have no recovery options for repairing startup problems seen as the computer first starts to boot, something like "press F? for recovery options" you may be out of luck, and you will have to take the laptop in for repair

yea when i press f11 it goes to that and i tried system recovery and it stops at 11% and has an error code i called hp and they said i need the disc but my notebook has no cd drive so they said they have to install windows them selves but its going to cost me so much money

If you have a friend or know someone who has a Windows install disc and a external USB CD/DVD drive, you can use that to re-install Windows

Back