Boots but doesn't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtra

I am not Even Sure if Its Freezing

There is a computer of a friend of mine. We took every single piece out and cleaned the dust on the pieces. After putting everything back together, it doesn't boot up properly. I see the bios screen than it asks me if where to boot, I choose HDD option. Then windows xp asks me what type of start up i want to go with. I chose normal, safe mode, safe mode with command prompt but whatever i chose didn't matter, it didn't started up.

When loading with safe mode option, it always freezes while loading amdagp.xxx file. When loading with normal mode option, i see gray bar at the bottom progressing and when it gets fully gray, there suppose to be a windows logo but instead i get a black screen.

I thought it might be the hard drive damaged and replaced it with another hdd of mine which also has xp professional on it. But it had the same problem. What are the possibilities? What can be wrong? Computer is HP Pavilion XT928.

Thank you

hey man i have a similar problem i brought a new MoBo and a New Processor. But when i Hooked everything Back up it Shows me AwardBois Screen then takes me to the Start Normaly,Safe Mode(Networking, Command Prompt). Then i click Normally and it Shows me my WIndows XP Pro screen for about a Split Second then Turns Blue for A second then Starts ALL OVER AGAIN and it does that with every Setting i choose! so PLZ help us

did you GROUND yourself when cleaning? You might have static shocked some stuff.
will it POST with just the mobo, memory, and videocard?

Tedster: I ground myself when cleaning.

When a try to boot a pavilion xt928 i get the message "UMB upper limit segment address: E6DD" Does Anybody has an idea of what it is happening to it?

I already tried these:
started the computer with out ide devices
started the computer with out RAM
started the computer switching RAM Dimms
started the computer with one RAM Dimm
started the computer with the other one RAM Dimm (in different positions)
turned it off for a long time (let capacitors lose charge)
removed the Mother Board battery and placed it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back