Borderlands 3 isn't in development at Gearbox

By Scorpus
Feb 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Fans of Gearbox Software's critically-acclaimed Borderlands series may be disappointed to hear that the studio isn't currently working on Borderlands 3. Speaking to Polygon, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford said that "we have more to do in the franchise, but no...

Read more
  2. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 699   +164

Honestly I never understood how people like Borderlands. To me the AI just seemed so awful.
    Mooseinadesert likes this.
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

That is disappointing - I wonder if they're just taking a break to rest a bit.
  4. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Addict Posts: 331   +99

Sad no BL3..

Frikin stoked at new Homeworld titles!!!!
  5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

A new Homeworld title. Now that's interesting. I hope it's closer to Homeworld rather than Homeworld 2. I still play Homeworld but I never finished HW 2.
  6. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Addict Posts: 331   +99

They gave u on HW2 because they knew they were getting the Warhmmer franchise.. haven't bought another relic game since the HW2 crap..

7. Borderlands is such a fundamentally flawed game. I played the game for a while, then shut it off and uninstalled it. It's a game that seems like if there was a few tweaks it could be pretty good. For example, take away all the button pressing required to loot. Jesus that was annoying. After that, fix the goddam menu system and make it easier to understand the differences between guns, how to upgrade them, etc.

Borderlands is just a few marbles short of being a decent game. Hopefully they take their time getting around to making part three. Hopefully they take that time to iron out all the stupid crap from the game.
  8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,406   +458

BL2 is an amazing game, I play with friends from time to time and we get a big laugh at it, the story is top notch.

Hope the Homeworld redesign comes fast! Another great game.
  9. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TS Maniac Posts: 350   +112

Man Borderlands 2 was great. It saddens me to think that it will be at least another 3ish years before I get to play another :(
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,333   +1,934

Meh... I couldn't care less about BL2,3,4 etc. The only Gearbox titles I enjoyed were the 'Brothers In Arms' series