TechSpot

Boston Dynamics redesigns DARPA's humanoid robot with a built-in battery pack

By Shawn Knight
Jan 21, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. The last time we saw DARPA's Atlas robot, it was annoyingly loud and tethered to a thick cable necessary to supply power. Since then, Boston Dynamics went back to the drawing board and now just two months later, they're showcasing...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,560   +2,365

Not sure how this thing looks more menacing, but I'm certainly impressed to see its development. A few more years and these bots should be well on their way to escaping the laboratory (take that as you will).

3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,676   +780

Hmmmmm ..... I'm holding out for the one that works as good as Commander Data, but of course comes in the female version ..... LOL

4. He's beginning to look more like Bender. They should put an antenna on his head.

Uncle Al likes this.
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,560   +2,365

Give them another 10-15 years. The basic tech is already developed, it just has to be properly "married."

I wonder how long feminism would last in such an environment.

Uncle Al likes this.
  6. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,457   +606

You would think it would have bigger feet.

7. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,676   +780

By then it probably won't matter since they will have both male and female version with exchangeable parts ..... sort of like the Mr & Mrs Potato head, but of course, different.