Bottled Neck Vid Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I just bought a new comp and decided to get a new Graphics Card at the same time. These are the spec on the new comp:

2.6 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ dual-core processor
400 GB Serial ATA hard drive,
3 GB RAM (4 GB max)
16x LightScribe DVD-/+RW drive
Nvidia GeForce 6150 video/graphics card with 128 MB of dedicated video RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)

The integrated Video Card bites so I just bought a Nvidia 8800 GTS 300 mb card

My question is do you think my processor will restrict the new graphics card and bottle neck it??

Any helps appreciated!

John

What is the power supply rated at?? The power supply isn't listed, but from the hardware listed, there shouldn't be any issues as long as the psu is at least 600 watts. That will give you enough head room when you tax that puppy.

The reverse is actually works. The video card handles what the CPU gives it. The video card is not in control. The cpu is not in control. What is in control is the operating system working through the chip set (drivers) of the motherboard. The video graphics drivers that the video card what to do, in relationship with the motherboard chipset, with the operating system as captain.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I ended up getting a 700watt PSU so I think I should be fine. My only concern now is heat. I have a Antec 900 case with 3 120mm fans running but I think im going to get another one or even watercool it...

Three 120 mm fans should do nicely if you have enough ports to move the air in and out. Doubt water cooling will add much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back