Bottleneck or not

Hello everyone

Ive recently bought a new graphic card, the gainward geforce 970 4gb. I am currently running with a 660 ti superclocked card and I needed an upgrade to run smooth in the newest genres.

But my question to you is wether or not im gonna experience a bottleneck from other hardware in my PC.

The games im running is CS:go, CoD 3, WoW WoD and im gonna try out the new overwatch when that gets released. Do I need to upgrade any other hardware. Any advice is highly appreciated. I would consider overclocking before having to spend more on hardware if any other equipment needs upgrade. Thanks in advance.

My hardware is as following:
Asus P7P55D motherboard
Intel i5 750 lynnfield @ 2.67
8GB Corsair ddr3 pc-10700H (667 Mhz) ram
250gb*2 ssd EVO 850 HD

But my question to you is whether or not im gonna experience a bottleneck from other hardware in my PC.
hmm, something is always slower that something else so, there's ALWAYS a bottleneck somewhere.

If you keep chasing 'the current problem', fix it and test again, you will find some other bottleneck has popped up. Iterate a few times and you'll come right back to something you've already addressed - - there's just no perfect solution :grin:

Your cpu would be the bottleneck. I use a 970 with a 4690k i5 cpu and they are almost even. But I have only tested it with chivalry midieval warfare. If you really want to test it check out this youtube video. It shows you how to display your gpu, cpu and ram all at once while loading games to see whats what.

I did suspect my CPU could be a problem now. I believe its possible for me to oc the CPU to around 3,2 ghz with my current setup and thats gonna be my 1st attempt before upgrading. When running games like wow with alot of environment detail to load all the time its gonna pressure the CPU mostly right? Im running around 30 Fps and that is with settings set to High only..

I did suspect my CPU could be a problem now. I believe its possible for me to oc the CPU to around 3,2 ghz with my current setup and thats gonna be my 1st attempt before upgrading. When running games like wow with alot of environment detail to load all the time its gonna pressure the CPU mostly right? Im running around 30 Fps and that is with settings set to High only..

If you follow that youtube guide you will see exactly whats going on while you play wow. For example, say while running wow your GPU is at 40% load and your cpu is under 100% load. And your fps is still at 30 with your new gpu?! Your not even using half your GPU. Your cpu is causing a major bottleneck.

But say with your new video card you get 60+ fps with the same stats. The graphics look good and your happy, your still bottlenecked but you now have 60 fps so who cares. Before ocing I would wait and try out that new video card.

Typically blizzard games do not require as much as other games. So you might not have to oc or upgrade the cpu. By the way that guide will also show you your ram load. If you checkmark show label in OSD when you highlight all the things you turned to yes, it will label each stat.

Thank you very much. The guy in the video was really crafty and very good at explaining how to setup the statistics. After testing it out with the games I like to max out in settings I can now confirm that my current bottleneck is my GPU and not the CPU. Cheers

Back