Bottlenecked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pretaz19

Hi, Ive been having a lot of lag in newer games such as Age of Conan. I have an 8800gt, and I was wondering if my Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz CPU is bottlenecking it, at 1680x1050 resolution.

Or could it be because my PSU 12v rail has 15a, and It needs 26a? Or do I not know how to read these ampage charts?
Here is the PSU link.... http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1247&ID=1524#Tab1

And whats a good CPU temperture? Mines is running at 60c and like 86c ingame. Also GPU is around 50-60c. Could the tempertures be effecting performance? and If the temps are high, any tips to lowering it?
I dont have the thermal grease on it, if thats bad.

CPU temp is kind of high. Is this on a stock cooler? Have you checked for dust?

Looks like you have 29amps total on your 12+. You're cutting it close I'd say. Your gpu isnt the greatest so I dont see why the cpu would bottle neck it in any case.

The cooler is pretty new got it with CPU, and I keep hearing people running all these games top settings high fps with high resolution with the 8800gt... so idk

if im not mistaken the 8800gt uses 24amps on the 12v rail so you should be good there.
also how much ram do you have age of Conan is a big game and needs lots of ram also i think the 8800gt may have problems playing that game at max settings. your temps on the cpu seem kinda high try and open the case and clean out the heatsink.

I run the game on low settings tho, I got 2gbs of ram and ill clean out my heatsinks, but that prolly wont boost performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back