Bought a new Motherboard, and need some help.

By Kymanis
Jan 2, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought a P4I45GV Motherboard from ASRock.

This motherboard's manual says that only certain video cards are compatible with it such as a Radeon 9200.

I've gotten it to work with my Radeon 7200, but when I play most games it is really laggy and jumps.

It's got 256mb Ram, a Celeron 2.4ghz.

It's just really confusing and I am wondering if it is just because of the incompatility that would cause the games to run slow... and I'm not talking about brand new games like Half-life2, or Doom3... I'm playing Natural Selection for Half-life one, and Sims2. I can get them to work, but only on the incredibly lowest graphical settings... With my dad's p4 1.8 these games run flawlessly on the highest setting and I know that a celeron 2.4 should run atleast that well...

So, just wondering if that's it and if I should buy something like a Radeon 9200 to make them run nice and smooth.

Thanks, Derek.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.