Bought a new Power supply, computer won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffleofwisdom

There's a yellow light on my motherboard that stays lit, and the computer just won't start, we made sure all the wires are well plugged in, and it's all well connected to the power.

Why did you buy it? What was wrong with the old one?
If this is an eMachines or a Sony, the problem is likely with the motherboard, not the power supply... but it can also be a failure of the hard drive, memory, or video graphics card.
It might be helpful to know your computer brand and model, and the power supply brand, model, wattage, and amperage.

ahhh

It is a Cicero computer, and what happened was it just didn't want to start, screen kept going blue, and computer would crash, I used Vista, I got a new video card+more ram, and my old Power Supply was probably unable to handle this much, the computer, with the old power supply however, got to the BIOS with this one, I can't even turn it on.

no, already tried with old one, new one, both combined, and like I said it was working with the pwoer supply, but not with this... either way that doesn't make sense, it should still start up eve with faulty ram, but beep it's head off.

Not so. More often than not, it will not start up with faulty RAM. It all depends on what portion of which module is faulty. The frequent result is that there is no beep and a dark screen... this is also controlled by the brand and model of the motherboard.

Hmm, sorry didn't know that. However, I did try with and without the new / old ram.
What else can it be?? Motherboard, power supply(it works with the old one.. but not really)

If the only thing you changed (originally when you first got the problem) was the PSU, then perhaps the PSU is defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back