Brand new build won't even start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
i just built a brand new gaming rig, and when i tried to start it up, i got nothing. no lights, beeps, or spinning fans. I am sure i have all of the cables installed correctly, even had a technician come check it out. no dice.

i am wondering if the mobo or the psu were DOA, or if something else is the matter.

any help is much appericated.
my gaming depends on it!

I would first check to make shure that your power button is working properly. You can test this by jumping the two prongs coming out of you Moboard that go to your button.

if it still dosent work then find a new psu to try in your rig.

Make sure your PSU is working correctly.

Try to put some spacers between your motherboard and the case because you might be grounding it.

halflife said:
Hello,
i just built a brand new gaming rig, and when i tried to start it up, i got nothing. no lights, beeps, or spinning fans. I am sure i have all of the cables installed correctly, even had a technician come check it out. no dice.

i am wondering if the mobo or the psu were DOA, or if something else is the matter.

any help is much appericated.
my gaming depends on it!
SPACERS! same expirence here on my 1st rig. spacers are probably it.

No Dice

First I switched out the PS and finally got lights on the mobo, but the main HDD and LED switches were faulty so I swapped them for ones from another case.

Computer starts, but I am getting no POST or sounds or video. Tried everything (switching RAM, reseating vid. card, taking mobo out of case, etc.).

Finally called EVGA (mobo manufacturer) and they just said to RMA it. I put in a request and they have yet to send me the labels to ship it. Still waiting on that.

Thanks for the help, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back