Brand new computer wont startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come here after having gotten help a month or two ago with a new problem.

I order brand new parts to build a new PC over this weekend and recieved them today. My problem is this. after connecting everything the computer turns on and the motherboard green light comes on. when i turn on the power it starts too boot up and after 4 or 5 seconds it dies with no speaker warning, just turns off. fans spin for maybe 5 seconds. please help.

Specs:

Asus M2NE motherboard
2x 1g corsair ddr ram
amd 64x2 dual core 4200+ processor
brand new antec 550 watt psu with an apevia aluminum case

i have a 320gig WD sata HDD but i disconnected

i checked all connections and disconnected and reconnected everything, as well i unscrewed the motherboard and remounted it.

any help is apprciated, i feel like i might be missing something very simple or that maybe my mobo/processor is DOA.

thanks in advance

It's not the processor for sure because if the proc didnt work, the computer would either not even start or turn on and be unable to do anything but stay on. It wouldn't turn off. It may be the Mobo that is damaged of it COULD be (plz dont flame me people) the PSU. I know Antec is a very reliable company but everyone makes mistakes so it might be that too. See if you can borrow a Mobo and PSU from someone and restest everything.

another quick question, what would be the minimum components needed to get the computer to statup and stay on. could i get away with just testing with mobo ram and processor?

i have another computer that also has an antec PSU that i can try but honestly if thats the problem i will go buy a dell right now.

What is your videocard? I would check and make sure all components are seated tightly. Also is the processor a socket AM2 and the memory you have is DDR2 correct? Just want to cover all bases.

Problem is all fixed, apparently I didn't connect one of the power cords to the motherboard. The one with 4 slots near the processor. I haven't done this in a while and I didnt see it in the manual. Asus tech boards pointed it out though. Thanks alot everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back