Brand new graphics card - screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmyf

Hi just brought a whole new pc about two days ago..

First off, the heatsink was not mounted properly and i saw the cpu temp @ 85 so i shut it off immediately and reseated. That is fixed now.

Only problem left is, in any screen the monitor has pixellation covering, like green lines..

Ive hooked up another monitor so its not the monitor.

I have an MSI X1950Pro 512Mb.

Coolermaster igreen 500w (If that matters)

Cheers. :)

Try removing and refitting the graphics card.

If that makes no difference then try clearing the cmos on your mobo, your manual will tell you how to do it.

If neither of those work then the graphics card is probably faulty and should be replaced.

Thanks.

How long does an rma usually take?

Also, are there any common mistakes a first time pc builder like myself could have made causing this?

I also hope if its faulty they will give me replacement (Im 99% sure it was not damaged by static as i used an anti static arm band)

First off, the ammount of time it will take to get a replacement will depend on who you got the graphics card from so i really cant answer that question.

Secondly, what type of graphics card is it?? If its pci-e then the only thing to check other than doing what i mentioned in my previous post is to make sure that any required power connections direct from the psu are connected or the card may well malfunction.
If it is an agp card then you need to make sure that the supported voltages of both the mobo and the card match up. Here is some more info if you should need it - http://www.directron.com/15agpguide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back